Inpatiently waiting for O

iVillage Member
Inpatiently waiting for O
Sat, 11-14-2009 - 10:27pm

Well, the IUI is all set to go. All I am waiting for is my positive ovulation test. Of course as usual things are not going according to plan. I was hoping I would get my positive on Friday which would mean I would ovulate on Sunday which would be day 14 of my cycle, and has been the norm for the last 3 or 4 cycles. Then I wouldnt have to tell anyone at work why I am missing work. We have decided not to tell anyone about this cycle. Its less stress on me. When people at work ask me whats going on I just tell them we are waiting until the beginning of the year until we start IUI. Either way, if I get my positive tomorrow (fingers crossed) I can go in on Tuesday on my lunch break, and just make up some crazy reason why I'm late coming back. lol. It would be nice to surprise all the girls at work if it works this cycle. We are all pretty close in age, and everyone is so great and interested in whats going on. I couldnt ask for more supportive co-workers. Sometimes, I just get tired of explaining the same things over and over. I know they mean well so its better just to tell them I wanted it to be a surprise, which I kind of do. So Im a little nervous about IUI because ive never had one before. Compared to what most of the girls on here have done, they probably think Im silly. I just hope and pray that this cycle is it. If not, I have bought an extra vile for next month so at least Im prepared I guess. Anyway, wish me luck!

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-16-2009 - 1:35pm
No meds. We are going all natural unmedicated. At least for now. Still no surge as of this afternoon, but I think soon. I am starting to see signs of O so Im pretty sure if I dont get it tonight I should by tomorrow. Still hate the waiting! I KUP! Thanks!
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-15-2009 - 8:16pm

I tried the regular OPKs once long ago, but when it came time for IUIs I wasn't doing ANY guessing!

Powered by
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-15-2009 - 7:02pm
Thanks to everyone for your good luck wishes, and now Im not so nervous about it. To Spencer, yes I am using the digital opks. I think my husband thinks Im crazy when I let out my yell of frustration every time I see that stupid empty circle! I remember when we first started trying, and we used those old fashioned opks where you have to compare the 2 lines. What were they thinking when they invented those things anyways??? I would much rather spend a little more, and get a certain positive. Anyway, no positive as of this afternoon. I'll take one more before bed tonight, and if thats neg, then I guess it will have to be pushed back yet another day. Oh well, trying really hard not to stress about it! Thanks again everyone, your words really do help me so much in dealing with all this!
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-15-2009 - 1:03pm

I remember those days well!

jhscalis@wisc.edu

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-15-2009 - 9:40am

I did 3 IUI cycles before moving on to DE/IVF.