Please help, need advice.

iVillage Member
Please help, need advice.
Mon, 01-11-2010 - 4:45pm

(cross posted)

Brief history if you don't know me. After TTC for 5 years we finally got our BFP in December and my second beta did not rise, third did not rise so we did the methotrexate shot for fear of ectopic pregnancy. Blood work showed levels starting to go down and then went back up again so last Thur did second dose of methotrexate. I went in today for blood work and levels went up slightly (as expected they said) but they want me to come back Thurs for more bloodwork and if levels haven't gone down then they want me to go back for yet another dose of methotrexate. also, my u/s last week showed a pseudo sac in the uterus and of course they cannot see anything in my tube but it appears it was just not a viable pregnancy or one of the other embryos is implanted in my tube. At this point, I don't care. I am so tired of this and I want to just quit. I don't feel that this is working and I'm not going to continue to get the shots -this is crazy. Has anyone else experienced this or done something different? Please help me.

Carolyn

TTC #1 since 2005
IUI #1 - chem. pregnancy, IUI #2 - BFN
5/2007 -BFP naturally, m/c 6/07
IUI #3 - BFN, IVF#1 canceled-IUI #4 & IUI #5 -BFN
ET 12/4 - Ectopic. Waiting for levels to go down.

Carolyn

Too many IUI’s, IVF’s and failed attempts to count.

TTC #1 since 2005
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-12-2010 - 2:33pm
Carolyn,

~Christine~

TTC since 6/2007. 
IVF #1 Jan 2009 - BFN
IVF# 2  April 2009 - BFN
IVF# 3 July

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-12-2010 - 1:05pm

Carolyn:

I'm so sorry to hear that. You must be so frustrated. When I had my m/c in August we had slowly climbing numbers and I had beta after beta after u/s. I know how irritating that is and we dragged out for 8 weeks before they gave me meds to help things along. I think the previous posters are correct in their medication advice. The last thing you want to do is injure healthy tubes and/or uterus but taking a risk. I wasn't even able to have a D&C because both my RE at SG and my one locally didn't want to risk harming my healthy uterus with a d & C. An incomplete ectopic could do way more damage than a D & C. I'm thinking of you and let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Thinking of you,

Gabrielle

From Womack DSW

IVF 1# ICSI & AH-BFN 04/08.

After too many failed natural cycles to mention, discover that previously clear tubes have become blocked after surgery to remove fibroids (however, no more fibroids). Decent FSH for 40 year old

Franklin and Callan

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-12-2010 - 9:55am

Thank you everyone. I know you are all right and today I can accept what you are saying. I think yesterday was hard because it was still so fresh and I was upset. Today it doesn't seem so bad to have another shot, of course my mood could change again. What is very frustrating though is that they can't confirm there is anything in my tube so I feel like they have no idea what is going on. It's like "um, well your u/s shows nothing and your blood work is strange so let's just try this and see what works." I am feeling uncomfortable with the science of medicine right now, if that makes sense.

I'll just go give blood AGAIN Thursday and see what happens, perhaps the levels will have gone down....ugh!!!

Thanks again!

Carolyn

TTC #1 since 2005
IUI #1 - chem. pregnancy, IUI #2 - BFN
5/2007 -BFP naturally, m/c 6/07
IUI #3 - BFN, IVF#1 canceled-IUI #4 & IUI #5 -BFN
ET 12/4 - Ectopic. Waiting for levels to go down.

Carolyn

Too many IUI’s, IVF’s and failed attempts to count.

TTC #1 since 2005
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-12-2010 - 8:51am
I'm so sorry Carolyn. It absolutely sucks that you have to go through this, but it sounds like you really need to continue with the treatment or whatever your Dr. recommends. As Sarah said, it could be life-threatening if the cells continue to grow. (((HUGS))), I hope this is over soon.

Amber

Mason James was born 8/21/10, 8lbs 12 oz after close to 3 years of infertility.
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-11-2010 - 9:56pm
I am so sorry you are still dealing with this.

jhscalis@wisc.edu

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-11-2010 - 9:42pm

(((((hugs)))))

I know this episode has really taken a toll on you, and it's just not fair given your long journey thus far.

I've never had an ectopic, so I don't know what to tell you there, except that often MTX saves women from needing surgery, which I would think would be a lot more difficult to deal with.

I hope that this will resolve soon so that you can get back on track.