Shady Grove Gals

iVillage Member
Shady Grove Gals
Mon, 03-22-2010 - 4:22pm

Hey gals, for those of you who are using or have used SG for donor egg, did you get to pick the dr. you worked with? or how did that work? does anyone have any recommendations on a specific dr. there? I believe we are going to go with SG after much much research!!! I am going to have to travel by plane but they make it seem easy to be an out of state patient. anyone else from out of state who went there? good experience?

thanks ladies
Lynda

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-22-2010 - 4:47pm

Hi Lynda,

There are a lot of us out of staters.

~Christine~

TTC since 6/2007. 
IVF #1 Jan 2009 - BFN
IVF# 2  April 2009 - BFN
IVF# 3 July

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-22-2010 - 4:57pm

Hi Lynda,
I, too, am an out-of-state SG patient.

Isabel
Mom to Sebastian Robert after 3+ years of infertility

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-22-2010 - 5:00pm

Lynda:

If you are flying in, you will most likely get someone at the Rockville office. I had Dr Chang and had no issues. He wasn't the warmest person but he was kind and answered all my questions. He was great with ET because my DH is a nurse so he got to stand right next to Dr Chang and watch the whole procedure. Rockville is where all the transfers occur so they want to minimze travel by the out of State patients so they give them a doc there.

I'd be more picky about my nurses, that's who you'll interact with on a daily daily. Most are very good (I was lucky) but some people who go to SG have strong opnions. I'd highly recommend Patti Matthews or Doris Thomas.

Best wishes,

gabrielle

Franklin and Callan

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-22-2010 - 8:09pm

I'm an out of stater as well and was assigned an RE in the Rockville office based on when an appointment was available.

The first thing they did was a phone consult once records were sent from my home RE.