any single women TTC with donor sperm?

iVillage Member
any single women TTC with donor sperm?
Wed, 05-26-2010 - 12:59am
I was wondering if there were any single women on here TTC with donor sperm as it is something I am interested in.I haven't come across any women choosing to do this and actually more crtisism than anything.

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-26-2010 - 6:53am

Hello and welcome!

I'm not in your shoes, though way back when I was in high school, I told my mother that if I didn't find the right man, I would have babies on my own :)

Powered by
iVillage Member
Sun, 06-27-2010 - 1:39pm
Good Afternoon,
I am single and TTC with donor sperm. I too understand the frustration you feel with the criticism and lack of other women going through this unique journey alone. where are you currently at on your journey?
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-01-2010 - 1:35am

Hello Ladies,

I'm just starting the process. I'm 37 and divorced, with nobody in my life right now. I knew I couldn't go through my life without children, so I just recently decided to try this route. I'd love to know how you both are doing and what hurdles you've come across. I'm also curious as to cost and how much you both feel it will be in the end. Feel free to e-mail me directly at elyse28@msn.com.

My family and friends have been nothing but supportive, but like you, most have never heard of anyone going this route.

Thanks!

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-18-2010 - 7:28pm

Hello there, I see there is a shortage of women in our situation so let me offer my support.

ttcbanner
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-19-2010 - 1:08am

I'd be curious to know what Sperm Bank your going through, or have gone through. I've been researching several but would love if you have any good feedback on one in particular. I only have a few weeks to get my donor picked out and set, and I'm so confused as to which bank to go through.

Thanks!

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-19-2010 - 8:31pm
Hi there!
I used ThespermbankofCalifornia for the 1st 2 and am now using California cryobank this time. I changed for 2 reasons. Because I didn't think I wanted anymore after my last pregnancy, I didn't place any vials on hold for future pregnancies:(. After I got over the fact that my kids would have different donors, I began reading over the new donor search, and the price lists. What I found was that their prices had more than doubled since I last used them which was maddening. Another reason was that when I started looking at donor info on diff sites and found California cryobank has FAR more information than other banks. Really interesting stuff. No matter which u go with, there will be extensive paperwork to get signed by a dr and faxed back n forth so if u have a time limit, get started girl!!!!
Good luck
ttcbanner
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2010 - 4:01am
California Cryobank was actually one of the ones I was considering, and have a donor picked already if I went with them. It was between that bank, and one in Seattle where I had a donor picked as well. Thanks for the help. I actually go in tomorrow to the doctor to talk about my decision and get the process started.
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2010 - 10:31am
Good luck to you!!!
**Baby dust to both of us**
Use OPK's and BBT charting(I use fertility friend.com) to help pinpoint days to inseminate so u waste less money n anxiety!!
Let me know!!
ttcbanner
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-25-2010 - 12:57am

Hello,

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-28-2010 - 3:54pm

Hello Ladies

I am a SMBC and conceived with donor sperm.

Lilypie Kids birthday PicLilypie Kids birthday Ticker

&nbsp

Pages