high blood pressure

iVillage Member
high blood pressure
Sun, 06-06-2010 - 12:15pm

hi, all,
has anyone heard of someone being rejected for egg donation because of high blood pressure? My blood pressure was borderline (140/90), but spiked when I was doing my physical for the screening application. Have been monitoring it every day per the doctor's request and it is now below 140/90. I'm really scared that I'm going to get rejected for egg donation now!

thanks,
martha

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-07-2010 - 7:03am

I can't see why it would affect you. 140/90 is not that high. I would have them do your BP twice, once at the beginning of ther screening and then wait 10 min to see if it drops. I know if they do mine in my pregnant state if I even walk it goes up but if I still after walking for even 5 minutes it drops. Basically the only thing that will keep you from being accepted is a malformed uterus (according to my RE). the rest they can work with.

Good luck!

Gabrielle

Franklin and Callan

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-07-2010 - 12:24pm

thanks, Gabrielle. We have our psych eval today, more tests tomorrow, then my mammogram on Thursday. Then, we might be accepted to get in line! The whole thing is -- obviously -- making my blood pressure go up!

best,
martha