well, not sure what to think.

iVillage Member
well, not sure what to think.
Sat, 07-17-2010 - 5:13pm
Hello everyone! I haven't been here since December when we miscarried with our first donor transfer. Our frozen transfer in March was a bust (maybe I posted then but not sure) and now as we're waiting for our insurance to change so we can attempt our last frozen transfer with our remaining two frozen embryos I find myself wondering if I might be pregnant. I have always had a 28 day cycle (well at least the past 2 years) and I had my last period June 17 (as expected) but no period showed Thurs (as it should have) and no period Friday or Today. I had some light AF like cramping Wed so thought for sure AF was on her way but nothing. I have had no pregnancy symptoms or at least nothing that I haven't had a million times when I thought I was pregnant before but obviously wasn't. I am SO scared to take a test because I fear that it will be negative and AF will show moments afterward. I am 41 years old and have been told my eggs are worthless so why should I think I could possibly be pregnant without medical intervention? I have not shared this with anyone, not even DH because he'll tell me to wait at least a week. Please help!

Carolyn

TTC #1 since 2005
3 miscarriages and too many BFN's

Carolyn

Too many IUI’s, IVF’s and failed attempts to count.

TTC #1 since 2005
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-17-2010 - 6:57pm

Were you tracking your cycle in anyway?

Powered by
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-17-2010 - 8:15pm

Hey Spencer! How is the new baby? I am surprised to see you on here -I thought you would be very busy. :)

I wasn't tracking really but I did notice EWCM about 2.5 weeks ago but I was out of town so it might have been delayed because I was out of my routine even though I think I felt the ovulation bloat and pain etc about the time I would normally ovulate. I haven't been temping but my temp is high today. I just need to test and get it over with I know but it's almost nicer to have that hope. I will test tomorrow a.m. I guess, unless I chicken out or AF shows up.

thanks for responding...love the pics!

Carolyn

TTC #1 since 2005

Carolyn

TTC #1 since 2005
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-17-2010 - 8:39pm

Thank you about the pix!

Powered by
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-18-2010 - 10:22am

Hey Carolyn,

~Christine~

TTC since 6/2007. 
IVF #1 Jan 2009 - BFN
IVF# 2  April 2009 - BFN
IVF# 3 July

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-18-2010 - 11:13am

Hi Carolyn,
Since my last emasured FSH was in the 80s, I never really had call to test but as Soencer said it sounds like you had some positive evidence a few weeks back.

Isabel
Mom to Sebastian Robert after 3+ years of infertility

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-18-2010 - 12:04pm

I didn't test this a.m because I forgot. I got up and went to the bathroom in a fog as I usually do so I can take the dogs out before they pee on the floor and I forgot to get the cup so I guess that happened for a reason. I did wake up about 4am in a sweat so I'm nervous that my temp is going down -oh yeah, I forgot to take my temp too. Freud would say I am definitely blocking. :) I think I'll take Spencer's advice though and pee in the cup tomorrow a.m. and wait while I get ready for work and then test vs testing first thing. Thanks as always for the support.

I cannot believe after all I've been through that I'm so chicken. :)

Carolyn

TTC #1 since 2005

Carolyn

TTC #1 since 2005
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-18-2010 - 4:49pm
You're not chicken, we've all been burned.

Isabel
Mom to Sebastian Robert after 3+ years of infertility

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-18-2010 - 5:07pm
Carolyn- DO IT! Miracles do happen...watch enough episodes of that annoying show "I didn't know I was pregnant" and you'll see it happens quite often! I know you don't want to get your hopes up, but I'm the type of person that I need to know for sure so I can move on and stop torturing myself if it's not. And the fact that AF still isn't here is a good sign! I have everything crossed for you!

Amber

Mason James was born 8/21/10, 8lbs 12 oz after close to 3 years of infertility.
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-18-2010 - 5:52pm

It sounds like your mind was definitely blocking you today ;)