question about repeat IVF with frozen

iVillage Member
question about repeat IVF with frozen
Thu, 07-29-2010 - 8:37am

We have selected our donor and are currently going through a lot of testing before the procedure. I was told that we would probably get several eggs and freeze some to use if it want in the future. My question is......if they put in two and it doesn't work the first time, and they are telling me I have a 63% chance of it working...would the odds be even less with the next cycle since they are frozen and not fresh? How many eggs

Becky - mom to dd 15 and ds 13
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-29-2010 - 8:56am

Hi Becky:

I don't think that freezing will necessarily result in a negative if used as a FET. There are plenty of folks who have had a BFP using FET when they had a negative on a fresh cycle.

As for the number of eggs retrieved, there are several variables...age of donor, history of donation, live births, etc... Is your donor a proven donor? If so, is your clinic able to answer questions about her previous cycles? That would give you a good idea of where she stands with this cycle. If she is not provehn, can your clinic provide you with info about her FSH and AMH? That should give you a baseline idea of how she might do. But it is never over until the fat lady sings, meaning that as hard as it is you may just have to wait to see how she does which is tough.

Best wishes!

Gabrielle

Franklin and Callan

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-29-2010 - 8:59am

Do they plan on inseminating all of the eggs and freezing the embryos they don't