"Be Your Own Writing Coach" pt 4"

iVillage Member
"Be Your Own Writing Coach" pt 4"
Mon, 03-26-2007 - 5:34pm

James Scott Bell (www.jamesscottbell.com) calls his minimum daily word goal the Nifty 350. His rational is that unless he gets busy on his writing, he might fritter his day away and produce nothing. Three hundred fifty words – a page and a three-quarters at 12-point Times Roman, double spaced – is tangible evidence of progress. It can also be motivation to keep going, to the end of the page or the next page or the scene. At the very least, it’s a credible amount of work completed, something to feel good about.

Pages

iVillage Member

My daily goal is 250 words, and I accomplished only about a fifth this morning.

Photobucket

iVillage Member

Always glad to be of service!

I'm delighted to hear you've regained your momentum and enthusiasm, Lynda. That's exciting. Here's to moving forward, one page at a time!

Keep up posted!

iVillage Member

I didn't write or edit a single word today--yet.

Photobucket

iVillage Member

I beleive that there are times when the mundanities of life MUST be handled in order to free the muse for the greater good of your work. LOL.

Congrats on accomplishing SO MUCH. (Does it feel good?)

Now, about those daily goals ...

;-)

iVillage Member

I haven't done this before.

iVillage Member

It seems as soon as I polish off one thing, someone dumps something else on my plate.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

You've got the idea, Mary. Get started, get comfortable with your progress and then go for more. I know you can do it.

iVillage Member

A pox on dumpees.

iVillage Member

How's it going for everyone? Have you planned out your goals? Are you getting some writing done each day?

Let's have it ... how are you doing???

;-)

iVillage Member

By Monday I had refamiliarized myself with my WIP, tightened a few scenes and found two holes in the first 100 pages.

Photobucket

Pages