Wow, we're really luck, aren't we mommy?

iVillage Member
Wow, we're really luck, aren't we mommy?
Sun, 12-02-2007 - 1:29pm

At Thanksgiving, my 8 yo asked my younger cousin (who is 37 and due in March) if she though that maybe her baby would have DS so she could

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-02-2007 - 2:15pm

I am so grateful.

Photobucket

A baby is a gift from God

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-02-2007 - 7:13pm

That was an amazing response!

I to wasted too much time and energy being depressed when I found out Eric would be born with DS. He's so perfect! I cannot believe how blessed we are to have him!

Having Eric has changed my whole perspective on life and the way I live it. My marriage is stronger, my faith is stronger and I am so much more happy in general.

I cannot wait to have more children (hoping for very soon) and I will not be doing any pre-natal testing this time. It does not matter to me in the least if the next baby has DS or not!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-04-2007 - 6:23am

I could not agree more.

Jamie - Mom to Curtis Maeson 9.1.07~~     

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-04-2007 - 8:39am

I'm just stopping in, because I'm the CL on Pregnant after 35, where your CL Missy was hanging out during pregnancy.

Powered by
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-04-2007 - 11:10pm
isnt that book gifts, the best?? i know several people that wrote their stories for that book...its a amazing book...
I think our vivi is sooo right. we are so lucky to have been blessed with our kids with DS. I think anyone that doesnt have a child in their life somehow with Ds is really missing out!!
Amy, wife to Mike
mama to
Jayden 7/94
Rylee 10/97
Mayson 2/06
check out my blog at http://theflegefarm.blogspot.com
Amy, wife to Mike mama to Jayden 7/94 Rylee 10/97 Mayson 2/06 check out my blog at www.theflegefarm.blogspot.com
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-05-2007 - 12:50am

Felecia,

(I am post-high jacking for a second, I apologize) I am so glad to see you on this board. I remember you stopping back in on the May 07 board to say that iVillage needed a DS board, and you would check in from time to time. I noticed today that they now have one and I immediatley thought of you! And now I see you have already found it! Glad to hear everything is going so well. Your boys are adorable!

Anyways... this post is absolutley adorable. It makes you wonder how different we would view the world, if we could see it for just one day through a childs eyes! SO precious.

sigcopy.jpg picture by klk0504

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-05-2007 - 5:06am

I agree, Gifts is really wonderful. I read it in about two days. I gave myself 2 weeks after she was born to have my own little pity party and get any tears I had OUT of me - sad tears, happy tears hopeful tears, and then after that, I stopped the pity party and started seeing how much joy there was to be had in my life!

I was never sad about the baby - she was perfect!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-05-2007 - 6:10am

I also read gifts in about 2 days and i am not a reader, actually i truly do not like to read unless it is a true story...anyways...i gave myself about the same amount of time to have a pity party..but i guess the pity party wasn't just for me it was for my curtis also b/c at the time all i could think was how ignorant people are.

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-05-2007 - 6:17am

Right now, Violette looks really "typical." I was at a new parents event for families with babies with DS, and one of the grandmothers came up to me and whispered "you'd never know that baby has DS by looking at her." It cracked me up, because she actually said "DS" and not Down syndrome, which is just what my mom said to a woman with a child with Down syndrome.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-05-2007 - 6:27am

We get told that about curtis all the time that he doesn't look like he had DS and to be honest with you i can barely tell anymore.

Pages