Supply after being sick

iVillage Member
Supply after being sick
Sat, 04-09-2005 - 9:29pm

I was sick last weekend with a nasty, nasty stomach bug. (Did I mention it was horrible?!!) I ended up missing a couple of pumps because I was to sick to sit up - had to run to the bathroom every time I tried. I also got pretty dehydrated for probably a good 12-18 hours. My supply really dipped, but has slowly come back up. The thing is, it's still not back up to where it was - I'm getting about 8 oz less a day. I've been working in extra pumps and power pumps when I can. I'm working halfdays and home alone with the baby in the afternoons, so I'm limited as far as power pumps.

Robbie has also been fairly gassy and getting green poop lately. I think my hindmilk may be off.

Has anyone else had this happen? How long did it take to get back up to normal, or did you?

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-09-2005 - 9:31pm
duh...I meant to post this under supply issues. Sorry for putting it in the wrong folder.
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-09-2005 - 10:23pm

I had some supply dips after being sick with the flu and then later with a sinus infection.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-18-2005 - 1:05pm

I finally got my supply back up last week. Phew.

I'm still not sure about his poo. It's never frothy, but he does frequently have green, non-seedy poo. Other times it is seedy.

Oh, and we discovered that red Ped1alyte causes rusty-looking poo.