Happy nipples- ugh!

iVillage Member
Happy nipples- ugh!
Thu, 04-07-2005 - 11:15am

Hi Girls-

I am tired of always having happy nipples. You know, high beams...lol. I look like I am always cold! Will my nipples ever shrink back to normal size? I use thin breastpads (Lansinoh) and they still poke out. If I use a thicker pad, the pads look like hockey pucks in my bra. Help! What can I do?

Am I the only one with this problem?

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-07-2005 - 1:22pm

I had the same problem and it got a little better now that I am 11 weeks pp. I did however figure out that if you take a warm compress it usually relaxes them and they go down until the next time you pump. (or at least it did for me)

-Dawn & Gabriella 1/17/05

Myspace layouts  created by GraphicFest.com
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-07-2005 - 4:22pm

Sorry...almost 6 months pp and I still have that problem. I just started using the Avent leak pads and gave up on really thin or tight shirts for awhile (mostly thin...I don't need to be wearing tight shirts yet, since my baby belly hasn't quite settled back where it's supposed to go yet).

Just one more sacrifice for our little ones...

<<
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-07-2005 - 10:38pm

I still have that problem! (8 months PP) By the time mine get back to normal it's back to the grind. *sigh* I wear the lansinoh thin pads, and wear looser or thicker shirts. The best at hiding them are cotton button up camp shirts, but I seldom have time to iron. I have a lot of pima cotton light colored tees, and they are the worst:-( I don't want to look like a hoochie mama except at home and then

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-07-2005 - 10:47pm
I was "happy" the whole time. I wore two layers most of the time. One month after weaning, I noticed I was "happy" all day at work. It is embarrassing!