Do you give ur kid junk food?

iVillage Member
Do you give ur kid junk food?
Fri, 05-15-2009 - 3:44pm

so I will say I totally do, I know I know.. you sould not, but it's so sweet to sit back in the lazy boy just before bed time w/ Max on my lap and we share Ice Cream.

If i am eating candy, I have to share. If I have a cookie, I have to share. I am such a junk food junky myself

Pizza, is that junk food or just not the best choice for dinner? We eat that on weekends and that is another one where I eat it w/ him on my lap while up chilling in the lazy boy.

oh maybe that's the test to know if it's junk food, if I eat it in while in the lazy boy.

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-15-2009 - 5:47pm

LOL, reading that made me so hungry!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 05-16-2009 - 2:00am
I let Charlotte try anything, so yeah, she's had junk food. I let her have bits of chocolate and cookies and ice cream (no more than a small amount of _one_ of them a day...)
I won't let her have fizzy drinks though...

Photobucket
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 05-16-2009 - 10:28am
I'm so careful with food.
DAWN Mom to Adelaide Grace 3/25/08
iVillage Member
Sat, 05-16-2009 - 3:26pm
I have horrible eating habits so no we don't give ds junk food. I want him to be taught how to eat right and limit the amount of junk food that he is given.
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-16-2009 - 8:31pm

I Had hoped that having Max would have changed our eating habit, but it has not. I am still hoping that my will power will get stronger b/c yes, we are all fat. My husband is not fat fat like me and my other son, but he is still over weight, by like 20lbs.

don't worry about putting a bummer on the thread, I was wondering if I was alone or not in feeding Max junk food. I wanted to see what other were doing. and if having a baby had helped there diet or not (our case not)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 05-17-2009 - 8:35am
I really want Charlotte to have a healthy appetite to junk, if that doesn't sound silly. I actually believe really strongly that you shouldn't make some things banned. In my head, banned always means exciting and fun... Of course i'm not going to feed my toddler a KFC or a Big Mac, but I do think it's important that she has a very small amount of chocolate or biscuits or ice-cream or cake, as part of a balanced, healthy diet. That way she learns to integrate them in a sensible way, and not crave them etc... Luckily, at the moment, she much prefers vegetables!
And whilst it may cut out new processed foods, I'm not sure if going by what grandmothers would have eaten is a great idea! We live in a cool country, where past generations didn't have heating - I think their diet was very high protein and fat!

Photobucket
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-18-2009 - 12:03am
Mikaela has had a lick of my ice cream here and there, other than that the extend of her junk food are animal crackers. I've always been a
bday picture