pumping every other day

iVillage Member
pumping every other day
Tue, 05-26-2009 - 12:47pm

I skipped pumping on sunday and it went well.. so I guess I'll pump every other day for a few days... and then what?

I want to be done by my next period so I can do a sunday start on birth control pills.. so I belive I need to be done by 2 wks.

I guess tomorrow when I pump again (not doing it tonight) I should only pump for like 20mins? ( I did 40 last night) OMG

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-26-2009 - 1:10pm

I'm at every other day too - trying to stretch it (i made it 55 hours the last stretch) but I have fitting for my wedding gown, so I'm going to do it before I go there to make the "girls" as small as possible.

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-26-2009 - 9:25pm
Good job Jennifer
DAWN Mom to Adelaide Grace 3/25/08
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-27-2009 - 8:35am

shrunk.. ohh yeah... they are more pathetic than before (and mind you, they were a hot mess before PG) I am just lucky that DH has realistic ideas about women's bodies, and it's a good thing b/c I sure don't.

there is never a good time to wean, but w/ max being in the ER last week and him having one kind of illness after another, it just sucks.

Daycare called yesterday b/c he split his lip and was bleeding and after 20 mins they coul dnot get the bleeding to stop. I freaked.. I knew he was ok, but always getting calls from daycare b/c he is sick or having to call out from work b/c he has yet another fever is really wearing on me.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-27-2009 - 4:55pm
congratulations on getting down to every other day :-) It's a big step, but I'm loving not pumping now :-) Hope the weaning continues to go well for you.

Photobucket
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-29-2009 - 8:42am

Hey Jennifer,

I am sure some of it is hormones. I am in the process of weaning as well (still pumping 2x for 45 min), and I was feeling blue yesterday. Feeling better today, so I attribute it to hormones. Poor Max, why did he have to go to the ER? Hang in there, it is so hard to see our little ones suffer. Hope both of you feel better soon!!!! Enjoy the extra time, I am so ready to be done (I go back and forth on that)!

bday picture

Daniela - Mikaela's Mama (born 04.29.2008)

Photobucket Photobucket

bday picture
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-29-2009 - 1:25pm

he had been running a bit of a fever and then after a could of days he woke up breathing funny, fast and shallow. he has never had breathing issues eventhough he has had tons of head colds. so we went to er (after calling the pedi service) and got a breathing tx.

today I have an after noon appt b/c this morning he woke up w/ a few pimples on his face and the skin under is nose has been wicked looking (not his normal for his past colds) we go to see if he has a staph infection... please don't let it be MRSA.

it is just one thing after another w/ him.

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-01-2009 - 2:10pm

sorry max hasn't been feeling well! hope he gets better soon!

it sounds like your body is ready to quit whenever you're ready. hope the hormones subside soon!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-01-2009 - 3:20pm

Hey Joee_T

How are ya? How is Ian? I am I correct in remembering that he was to start some therapy? if so how is he doing, how are the milestone going?

how is bean#2 coming long?

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-02-2009 - 9:49am

ian's been in OT and PT for awhile, and he's going to start speech therapy as soon as the therapy place gets the paperwork through. he started walking the week before his second birthday (we say he was getting ready to show off for his party) and he's been doing things like walking up little steps and bending down to pick stuff up without falling over. it's so fun seeing him learn new things. this morning he learned how to get on to his rocking horse, he was beaming.

i'm half-way done baking bean #2! so far, so good.

max doing any better yet? how is the every-other-day pumping thing going?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-02-2009 - 11:30am

OMG, how happy and proud of Ian you must be! I am sure it's all my weaning hormones, but I have a misty eyes over here. Every mother worries and waits for milestones, but when you have waited and worried more than most I think the appeariation for all those learned skills is a little higher too! Like under the yeahs and claps there is a little sigh of relief and one peice of stress is lifted.

It sounds like he is doing so well, you must have some good therapist that are helping you all.

If I read correctly you'll have an October baby, I am an October baby and so is my mother and my cousin, October babies are very cool kids!

I think Max is getting better? I have no idea, on friday he was checked out, she said it's just another virus, but his ears and throat where good, but then on Saturday I got a throat infection (self inflicted, there's a post somewhere around w/ teh story) and when I went to F/U they saw lots of white spots and they did a culture and it's strep, so now I worry that even though he was ok on friday that does not mean he could not have picked up my strep some time this weekend... I'll just have to watch him.

Photobucket