Had to throw away my milk

iVillage Member
Had to throw away my milk
Mon, 06-01-2009 - 3:40pm

so I had to throw away the very little amount that I pumped this weekend.

I was at once every other day and then on friday i was very sick, crazy sick... and did not pump. I went to the dr's . i had an abscessed tonsil. I was having fevers and chills ( I mean I was so freaking cold and then so freaking hot) muscle and joint pain

I was given a shot in the butt (full of what I don't know) and antiB and steroids. w/ all that in my system I could not give him my milk, even though I had not pump since Wed and it was now Saturday, my boobs were fine, since I knew I could not give him any milk I only pumped like 12 mins and hardly got anything and did not even blink an eye at dumping it.

I think I am now Ok w/ HUTH... I think I have HUTH. before now I was just weaning, but now I am HUTH!

any I guess for you ladies... I'll tell my dark secret about why my tonsil got all jacked up... the funny thing is I told my best friend and she was like.. OMG I do the same thing, mind you we have talked about all kinds of stuff, embarrassing sex stuff, but this.. what I am about to confess to you all was so embarrassing that we had never talked about this...

Some times I get tonsil stones (icky build up of plaque and post nasal drip and gross mouth stuff) and it can collect in the groves of your tonsils and some times get stuck and sit for a little while until it's ready to pop out on their own.. I know so gross. Well I have a habit of poking at them w/ sharp metal dental tools. I have done this for years.. I am normally careful .. i know.. I know.. so gross... well my throat kind felt funny and I look and saw nothing, but I had it in my head that there must be one! and I was gonna find it... normally I'll poke it only if I see one, just help it pop out.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-01-2009 - 5:09pm

Congrats on HUTH! And I hope you're well again soon!

About your predicament, it's one of those things that I think more people DO, but nobody talks about it, so people assume nobody does it and they're the odd ones out.

....or not... ...anyway, I'll join you out of the closet on that, and will limit any future OCD probing, and especially stay away from the sharp dental tools. Have you tried a water pik?

Also, I'm in the weaning process myself, and am wondering if you had mood swings from hormone changes? My supply has PLUMMETED since going from 4x to 3x to 2x -- and with the plummet, my emotions are all over the map. I'm assuming that's normal (not so much fun, though). It seems like the mixed up emotions are contributing to making the supply drop even more, so maybe it's all part of the game plan and I just need to ride it out.

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-02-2009 - 2:48am
Congrats on HUTH! Hope you're feeling okay about it - sounds like you've come to terms.
hehe, no worries about your embarrassing mouth! I had a funny lump thing under my tongue the other day and just squeezed it until it popped off!
Hope to keep "seeing" you on f/b...

Photobucket
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-02-2009 - 8:32am

I have been an emotional wreck lately and I do think much of it has been due to weaning, of course I have been dealing w/ back to back illness in max and now me ( and DH yesterday) and my company had another hugh lay off the other week, so there have been so many things that have pulled my mind in so many direction. I think I am started to feel better and less stress, it's nice not to "have to pump"

Photobucket