Back in business after a week off

iVillage Member
Back in business after a week off
Sat, 06-06-2009 - 7:39pm

I've been at 1x a day for several months now. It's only an ounce or two but my supply seems to be constant, so I'm happy to carry on like this indefinitely. Weaning isn't in my plans.

When I went camping this year, I decided to leave the pump at home. It's the first time I've been without it for long. I went six days without pumping and had no discomfort. It was really lovely not to have to freeze my you-know-whats off in a cold tent as I did last summer and the year before!

On my return I just started back up pumping again. Supply was quite up-and-down for the first five days, but in a week was back at its previous levels, and has been constant ever since.

Anyway, I just wanted to mention that in case anyone else is thinking of doing the same. It may not be the same story for everybody - my LO is nearly three and I wasn't pumping large amounts anyway. I know that older BF toddlers can be fickle and don't always nurse in any kind of regular pattern, so I figured that a week away from the pump at this stage certainly wouldn't kill off my supply.

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-06-2009 - 10:39pm
Wow, it's great it all worked out for you!
bday picture

Daniela - Mikaela's Mama (born 04.29.2008)

Photobucket Photobucket

bday picture
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-16-2009 - 9:51am
That is just amazing.
Kstar Designs