CIO and it's working!

iVillage Member
CIO and it's working!
Mon, 06-15-2009 - 12:46pm

so my friend (whose child never STTN) hit 6 months and her pedi suggested trying CIO and it worked (the 1st night) Max has not been a great sleeper, but was never really an issue. Mike and I take turns and we sleep in different rooms so whoever has the night off

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-15-2009 - 2:18pm

Jennifer

Glad its working for you.

CHECK OUT MY BLOG:
http://sunvalleysoul.blogspot.com/
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-15-2009 - 4:05pm

I never read any books, just putting him down and then going back in every 5 or so mins. at that time if he does not lay down by himslef. I hug him, tell him it's night night, lay him down (he does not fight it) and cover him. I pat him for a little bit and tell him again it's night night. Most of the time he is quiet, almost asleep, but as soon as I start to leave he POPS right up and starts yelling. I tell him again it's night night and then leave... then do th ewhole thing again in 5 mins.

now I tried this when he was younger and I was not strong enough to handle it, I would stay in the room on th eother bed and pat him every 2 mins of yelling, it just did not work out and was not worth it at all. I did not know if i would ever try it again.

but I think what is working this time is I know he is "ok" right now, no other issues going on (maybe a growth spurt since he is willing to eat again and is still drinking tons of milk)

at school he goes down for nap great (they say) and there he only has a mat.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-15-2009 - 4:05pm
We too had major success at CIO when Russell was 7 months.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-15-2009 - 4:18pm

Jennifer,

I think you are right about once you are sure that it is just that they want to be with you, and don't actually need anything that it is easier to just leave them be.

DAWN Mom to Adelaide Grace 3/25/08
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-15-2009 - 10:37pm

I have been reading the no cry sleep solution as well, gigi. Will takes so many bottles overnight and we need to stop that. I have a bunch of questions but I need start another discussion so I don't take over Jennifer's. :) Will does the same thing about not really eating during the day. We are struggling with the sippy cup.

Jennifer, that is great that it is working for you. Whatever it takes to get some sleep. We tried it just breifly, enough to know that I couldn't do it, but not enough to give a chance.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-18-2009 - 3:07pm

the only thing I know about parenting is.. you have to try stuff ... any and all of it. b/c there is nothing that seems to work for all kids and all families.

maybe in a couple of month you'll try it again, but it will work, or you'll find a different idea and give it a shot. You never know if it work unless ya try it, but you can only try stuff you feel ok with.

my mom tried to say I should have done this month ago, I totally DISAGREE! I don't think it was a good idea for use a couple of months ago and I don't regret not trying it sooner, it works now b/c it was the write time and situation.

Photobucket

Photobucket