what would u do?????

iVillage Member
what would u do?????
Fri, 06-19-2009 - 1:21pm

Hi ladies!!

I need your valued opinion :)

I will be traveling from TN to VA in September with DD. It will be just her and I. She will be almost one year old at that time. I'm trying to decide whether to fly or drive. The drive would be 14 hours plus extra time for feeding/diaper changes, etc.

I dont really want her to be in a car that long but I like the idea of driving because then I can pack more stuff. On the other hand I like the idea of flying cause its so much quicker and would probably be easier on both of us. If I flew I'd have to take the milk on the plane and pack less. Or perhaps use some formula for the visit?? Im not a good light packer, I always want to take everything, so that in itself will be a challenge. And at this point I'm still pumping 3 times a day and dont know how many pumps I'll be at in sept, so I guess I'll have to pack the pump. I dont know if I should plan to wean by then so I dont have to take the pump. But I havent decided yet if I want to be an Extended pumper :) What would u do? drive or fly? take EBM with us? would frozen survive a plane trip? try to wean by then, or continue pumping? The place we'll be staying in will have a refrigerator. I guess these are personal decisions. I was just looking for some guidance. How hard is it to fly with

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-19-2009 - 5:06pm
I would fly unless you plan on driving over night while your baby sleeps. Our DD is already so active I can't imagine how she will be in another few months. I would take formula on the plane, since it is powder and it might be hard to get liquid BM through security. Take your pump along and pump while you are visiting. There is no packing light anymore now that you have a baby! :-)
-erica

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-19-2009 - 5:18pm

Personally, I'd fly, but they both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 06-20-2009 - 8:03pm

I'd fly.

Photobucket