I just want to cry

iVillage Member
I just want to cry
Sat, 08-15-2009 - 11:38pm
Hello all,
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-16-2009 - 2:15am

Alright! That'll be enough of that!!! YOU STOP THAT RIGHT NOW!!

We moms have got to stop feeling so guilty all the time for what we perceive as shortcomings and failures.
You pumped for 6 mo for your daughter against some pretty challenging obstacles. That's amazing and I am proud of you.

Now be proud of yourself.
Stop thinking about what you didn't do and look at what you did do. Give yourself a big pat on the back and MOVE ON!!

You are free from the pump. Don't put yourself through all that relactation business. Just BE FREE!

Don't compare yourself to other moms and their BFing or EPing experience. It doesn't matter.

What matters is what you did for your baby. You gave it your all. And when it was time for you to be done, you were done.

'Nuf said.

Liz

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-16-2009 - 11:26am
6 months!
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-16-2009 - 1:34pm

**Also, I think PPD can warp us, I know it did me....I lived under a cloud where breastfeeding or not determined my whole value as a Mom which is truly a tragic thing and not true at all.**

Me too! Why do we do that to ourselves? I'm not sure if the PPD caused me to feel like that or if our struggles with BFing caused the PPD. It probably went both ways.

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-19-2009 - 5:39pm

The fact that you pumped for 6 months with all those obstacles is amazing!! Do NOT feel guilty anymore. Sometimes I feel guilty that I am still pumping (thinking about the things I could do with baby and 3 year old instead of pumping, or hearing LO cry and not being able to pick him up because I want to finish the pump session, etc). I think as mom's there is always something we are going to feel guilty about. Pat yourself on the back for the 6 months that you pumped, the great start in life that you gave your baby and just enjoy your time now with your baby!

Jennifer

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-20-2009 - 12:42pm
Please don't feel guilty, you've done a wonderful thing for your daughter! Six months is definitely something to be proud of, and you've given her the best start you could! I keep saying that 12 months is my goal, but everytime I attach myself to that pump (especially at 2:00 am when DD is sleeping), I start thinking I'm going to reassess that goal at 6 months. As a pp said, anything beyond 3 months is fantastic! And keep in mind that formula is not poison. Countless babies are raised on formula from Day 1 and are perfectly healthy children and adults. And the formulas today are so much better than they were even just 10 years ago!
Photobucket
Thank you Joelle (mrsmoejoe) for my amazing siggy!
Lilypie

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket