HUTH (I think....)

iVillage Member
HUTH (I think....)
Thu, 04-10-2008 - 6:41pm

DD is turning one at the end of the month. I've got a freezer stash to last about 2 weeks plus I figure as I wean she will get a few feeds out of that. I've been pumping once a day for 2 weeks, getting 4 -5 oz but the last couple of nights for some strange reason my nipples have become cracked and bleeding (this hasn't happened to me previously). It made the decision easier because I thought I would HUTH at 12 mths but was afraid to let go of my relationship with the pump.... I've been fighting with the idea in my head for weeks now - should I quit? can I quit? Is it better for DD to continue? etc etc etc Now that I have made the decision it is like a load has come off and I'm looking forward to being pump free.
I will probably jump back on the board once we've finished the process because only you girls can understand what this means to a long time pumper. I'm so grateful for the support I received here in the early days - most of it by being a lurker.... ; )
Good luck everyone!~ And remember - if I can do it you can too!

Amanda - Mummy to toddling and soon to be one little Annika

Here's a picture of our little pumpling (100% booby milk babe):
http://bp1.blogger.com/__FGu4IZG3dM/R9D-jLl7SPI/AAAAAAAAAzM/vJADQQJmym8/s1600-h/February+08+Annika+011.JPG

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-10-2008 - 10:52pm
Congrats on making it so far! I promise, those funny letting go of pumping feelings will go away and you will be thrilled soon!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-11-2008 - 8:10am

Look at those big baby blues, your DD is such a sweetie!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-11-2008 - 8:58am

Congratulations on

-Lax

"Life is what happens, while you are busy making plans."
~ John Lennon ~

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-11-2008 - 10:30am

congratulations on making it that far!

Photobucket