Almost at 6 months.....what to do?

iVillage Member
Almost at 6 months.....what to do?
Mon, 04-14-2008 - 10:52pm

So Chase is 5 months tomorrow and my goal has always been to EP for 6 months.

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-14-2008 - 11:51pm

I hear you on the guilt thing... we should just be proud of all of our hard work, but the mommy guilt... ugh.

My goal has always been around 6-8 mos. But, DS wouldn't drink frozen milk straight. And let me tell you that was not part of my plan!! Soo... now that I'm almost at 7 mos, and have a fairly big freezer stash, I've cut back to 2 x/ day and I mix fresh with frozen. Of course my supply is way lower, but I make enough to mix fresh and frozen to a ratiio (1:3) that my LM finds acceptable to his most refined palate. I'll probably just keep going at 2x/day until my freezer stash runs out. I must say I have a lot more freedom at 2x/day. Anyways, that's been my experience with it.

Oh, and I think you should try giving your LO frozen milk before you wean...just to make sure he'll take it.

HTH

new siggy

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-15-2008 - 9:12am

The guilt thing is so hard, but once you know you are ready, it gets easier. I was hoping to continue my 3X for a while, but now at 5 months I am trying to go 2X to make more time for DH and DDs.

I make double of what DD takes, so have a freezer stash.

-Lax

"Life is what happens, while you are busy making plans."
~ John Lennon ~

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-16-2008 - 8:32am

I would definately try feeding your DS frozen to be sure he will take it, like another pp'er said, Parker also wouldn't take it frozen and I had nearly 1000 oz's frozen!

Photobucket