Thinking of HUTH-Help please

iVillage Member
Thinking of HUTH-Help please
Sat, 05-24-2008 - 10:26am
Hello,
it has been a few months since I have written to this board. Needless to say, things have been going well. My son is now 7 months old. I am down to pumping 3x/day for the last month or so. My supply has gone down a little but is has been worth cutting down to 3x's. My original goal was 6 months. I have a freezer stash of about 2 months. So, I think it is time to HUTH. The only problem is I am so sad!! I never expected this! I feel like if I stop I will lose this connection with my son. Please give me some encouragement and tell me it is alright to stop. Also, what is the best way to start weaning? Yesterday I started cutting down from 15 minutes to 10 minutes. Also do you think I should feed him the freezer stash exclusively or should I supplement with some formula to make it last a little longer?
Thanks ladies!
iVillage Member
Sat, 05-24-2008 - 10:25pm
Originally, my goal was 2 months, then 4 months, and now it's 6 months. I'm pretty sure that when I reach that in June, I'll stretch it out even more. That's us EPing moms, i guess! But you've made it 7 months and it sounds like you've got quite a good stash. I envy you!!! By the way, I've been an avid lurker here since discovering this site in February, and still haven't been able to figure out what HUTH means, lol
Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-24-2008 - 11:25pm
cute baby! love the hair! HUTH means hang up the horns. that threw me off for awhile too!
iVillage Member
Sun, 05-25-2008 - 2:52am
Thanks! I'm glad I asked cuz I would never have guessed that hyuk hyuk :o)
Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-27-2008 - 12:25pm

I have been weaning for last 3 weeks and now I am at 1X with a decreasing supply. First 2 weeks of weaning was really hard, I felt a strong urge to hang on to a 2X or 1X schedule. Being engorged and uncomfortable made the feeling worse. However almost suddenly over the weekend my body seems to have got the message, my supply is decreasing considerably and my AF is back. And I think I am over the guilt too.

Whatever choice you make, it will get better over time. In fact I right now have started to find it nice that I can spend more time with DD without having to worry about pumping.

-Lax

"Life is what happens, while you are busy making plans."
~ John Lennon ~