Should I ?

iVillage Member
Should I ?
Fri, 05-30-2008 - 10:43am

Wow! everybody who were active in the board when I started pumping are posting about their weaning process, so I am starting to think if I should also be weaning ?!!! May be the responses to this post might re-motivate me :) :) :).

What is your current milestone that you want to achieve ? Any plans of going beyond a yr ?

Photobucket

LittleMonsterMilk Donation

Photobucket
Photobucket

EP member

Photobucket

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: mom2bmlover
Fri, 05-30-2008 - 11:20am

i'm still here! not weaning! don't leave me!

;)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-30-2008 - 11:23am

I know I am one of them ;-( I

-Lax

"Life is what happens, while you are busy making plans."
~ John Lennon ~

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-30-2008 - 12:40pm

You and I are thinking the exact same thing.

--Tiffany, DS (09/18/2007)
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-30-2008 - 1:28pm

I am just taking it one month at a time, I can't think too far ahead. Babies are 7 months old, and I'm just trying to get to 8 months! Getting the car adapter was a godsend, it's so nice to be able to go out and not have to run home to pump. I hate hooking and unhooking in the car, but it's still worth it. Do you have one? I have found just pumping in the car has made all the difference. But then again, I live about 30 minutes from everywhere :)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-30-2008 - 3:03pm
I think if your sanity can handle it, hang in there as long as you can. I am only 3.5 months pp, and I always look at the posts of you long-term pumpers and it really inspires me to keep going. Also, I think if you really are ready than it is okay, but if you wean when you really aren't sure then it sounds like there are all kinds of icky guilt feelings to be dealt with. Just when you start to get over the pp hormones, theres the weaning guilt to deal with! Seriously, thanks for being such an inspiration.

Shannon

Shannon

mommy to Guerin Grace

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-30-2008 - 4:14pm
I'm coming up on six months and things are going really well, so I have confidence that I can make it to a year. As I start to get annoyed with all the pumping, I drop one. I just went to 5x a day a couple of weeks ago and yesterday I went to 4x. I'm hoping I won't see much of a drop in supply. Then I'll just hang out at 4x a day until December.

-jenni

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-30-2008 - 4:44pm

I don't know. I keep going back and forth, but the guilt thing totally kills me!!! A huge part of me wants my body and my boobs back! LOL but then I look at DS and how well he has done and I just can't see myself doing it... Originally I really wanted to do BM for 1 year, and then wean, but now I'm thinking 9-10 months and then start to wean? I don't know what to do. At this point I'm taking it one day at a time. I'm only pumping 4 times a day so it isn't sooo bad but still, I'd like to start working on getting my body pre-baby size!

So, I think you should go as long as you think you can go. There are some moms who are going beyond the year, and others who aren't, so just do what is right for you and what feels the best. In the end, you already have given your DS the best start possible by providing him (and other LOs) your BM. Great Job!!!

Photobucket

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-31-2008 - 9:49am

Thank you ladies! once again you guys have proved that I can always lean on this board for support :).

As you people say, I will take it one month at a time. I badly want to go till 1.5 yrs atleast. I do have a good freezer stash and hopefully if DS's consumption reduces after 10-12 months, it might even last for 6 months. So hopefully if I can hold on to the pumping for another 4-5 months, I should be able to achieve my goal.

Thanks once again!

You guys are awesome!

Photobucket

LittleMonsterMilk Donation

Photobucket
Photobucket

EP member

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-01-2008 - 7:20pm

For sure keep going!!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2008 - 11:53pm

Don't let those of us that have weaned sway you towards the dark side! If you can keep it up I say go for as long as you can.

I struggled with mommy guilt on and off until I finally decided to wean this past month. After 2 bad clogs and a case of food poisoning I decided to just let my supply die off. The funny part is that my supply bounced back without me doing anything but by then I mentally decided I was ready.

Your doing an awesome job going for as long as you have...so keep up the good work!

Pages