Hannah's first experience w/frozen

iVillage Member
Hannah's first experience w/frozen
Tue, 06-24-2008 - 3:33pm

Thought I would share.........

Hannah is almost 5 months now, wow how time flies. This whole time she has been having freshy fridged milk less than 24 hours old.

I have quite the freezer stash of over 4000 ozs now and decided that I need to start rotating it. So out came a bag from 2/10/08. I thawed it in a bowl of water, then added it to recently chilled bottles of fresh. I made a 50/50 mix. The frozen smelled similar to formula, and tasted like it too. Did not taste bad, just like formula. Is this normal?

Anyways I waited 3.5 hours from her last feeding and warmed the 50/50 bottle to take the chill off. Sat down with her and poped the bottle in her mouth. She tasted it, gagged and then started screaming. She def knew somthing was up. I took her into her room and changed her diaper to create a diversion. Came back to the same bottle and tried again. She got kinda mad again then decided to chug the whole 7.5oz of the 50/50. Then she had a LARGE poop. I am not sure if her frustration was due to the pre-poop crankies or the frozen or both.

The good thing is that she did drink it! YAY!!!! I was soooo worried that she was gonna be one of those that would not take frozen. What a relief.

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-24-2008 - 3:35pm
OK whenever I try to start a post, I post in the wrong spot. The post button really looks to be attached to the milestones folder. I guess I am just looking at it wrong.....

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-24-2008 - 5:26pm

i'm glad she drank it, even if it was hard going at first. i bet the crying was related to the poopy.

good job hannah!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-24-2008 - 8:23pm
I think you are right about the fussyness being related to the poopie. She has since had two more bottles of the 50/50.

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-26-2008 - 9:30am

Thats nice! it must have been a big relief for you.

Also, another thing apart from mixing it 50/50 with fresh milk that has helped me with frozen milk is to give it a little it chill. It just doesn't smell that bad when it is a little chill.

Great job Hannah! :)

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Mommy Milk

Photobucket

Photobucketworking&Pumping

Photobucket

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Photobucket