My First Clog?!!

iVillage Member
My First Clog?!!
Sun, 11-16-2008 - 7:53pm
I'm in the weaning process and just dropped to 2x a day. I've always been a LVP and have never had a clog or mastitis before. But this morning when I started pumping, my left bb (my dud) hurt like crap, and it had a hard knot in it! I'm assuming it was a clog? I massaged the way I normally do, even though it hurt like the dickens, and I never felt a specific release of the clog, but it did get better about 20 minutes into the pump. So I don't know if it was actually a clog or just an overfull duct or something. I got the same amount I always do, and it hasn't hurt at all the rest of the day. My second pump will be in 2 hours, so we'll see if it's normal then. I just think it's strange because even if I did get a clog, I would think it would be during the day, since that's when I'm suddenly going much longer. I've been going 12 hours at night for 2 weeks now, and it's just been 2 days since I dropped my middle pump to make it 12 hours during the day... Or I would expect it to be my right bb, since that is my stud. So I don't know how to explain it, but whatever it was, I hope it doesn't happen again!
Photobucket
Lilypie 1st Birthday TickerPhotobucket
Photobucket