Weaning question...when to stop complete

iVillage Member
Weaning question...when to stop complete
Wed, 11-26-2008 - 8:39am

Hi ladies

Well I did decide to wean completely. We are a happier household around here because of it and luckily I still have over 500oz of BM in the freezer that I will try to give her after 3 months, when hopefully her digestive tract can handle it. If not, I'll be donating it.

I have weaned very gradually to avoid infection. I was comfortably at 3 pumps/day until Sunday, when I finally dropped down to 2. I was uncomfortable on Sunday but by yesterday I was fine. Last night before bed, I didn't even feel like I needed to pump, but I went ahead and pumped for 10 minutes and total yesterday only pumped out 7oz... and haven't pumped yet this morning (8:30am) and am still not that full at all.

So my question is... should I just go ahead and not pump at all at this point? Or just wait and see how I'm feeling as the day goes on? I've just been doing it so gradually over the past couple of weeks that I don't know what to do now that I am close to the end!

Help:)
Mandy

Mandy

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

Mandy Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-26-2008 - 10:36am

i dont' have a lot of experience in this department yet, but i would say go with what you're feeling. it sounds like what you're doing is working well for you.

best wishes!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-26-2008 - 11:24am
You are doing what I'm going to do (in the next week or two). I'm dropping down to 2x starting today. I'll stay here for a week or so. Then I'll either go to 1x a day or to just pump for relief, it depends on how quickly my supply drops.

-jenni

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

-jenni

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-26-2008 - 11:33am

Go with whatever feels right!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-27-2008 - 10:58am

Thanks ladies

So I only pumped my left boob last night for about 5 minutes since it was very full and uncomfortable. I only pumped out half an ounce and then went to bed. Today they are pretty OK-- except for underneath each breast is hard and uncomfy. not sure if I should pump them at all or not. I may try to wait it out and see how I am later today. What do you guys think?

Mandy

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

Mandy Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker