Close to then end.. when Can I stop?

iVillage Member
Close to then end.. when Can I stop?
Sat, 11-29-2008 - 6:20pm

Ok so I can go 12 hours without pumping. I pump for about 20 to 30 minutes.. my right bb it's almost dry so I pump that side for 15 to 20 and my lefty for the 30 min or less depending on how full they feel or if I feel a clog is forming.. when I'm done pumping I get between 1 1/2 or 2 oz.. I could do more, not sure how much but I know that I fell milk still.. not like before obviously but since i'm weaning I do not empty the breasts..

How can I know when to completely stop???

I'm so close to the end and I'm not sure how to end it..

ADVICES???? PLEASE!!

Thanks!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-03-2008 - 7:24am

Once I got down to 2 pumps a day, I just stopped and then went with comfort. If I got really full, I would pump, but only enough to relieve the pressure. I also would still massage while pumping to help get rid of any clogs or prevent them too.

Then after a day or two of that, I stopped pumping but I would manually express when I felt a clog forming or was uncomfortable. That way I expressed less milk but was still preventing infection.

Yesterday was the first day I didn't have to manually express anything but I still leaked a bit in the shower but I think I am just about done. Still feel let down often, but I heard that can last for months!

I would say just give it a go and let your comfort level be your guide. You can pump a little to be comfortable but I think at this point pumping 20-30 minutes is too long since you are trying to be done!

Mandy

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

Mandy Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-03-2008 - 8:35am

Based on the amount you're producing I'd just try to stop now.

Photobucket