We have begun our descent

iVillage Member
We have begun our descent
Sat, 12-06-2008 - 10:23pm

Well I have decided the time is coming...

Jilly, mom to Elizabeth (Nov. 25, 2007)

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-06-2008 - 10:37pm

Jilly

best of luck! DH & I discussed weaning last night - I'm not ready yet... but it may happen soon after dd turns 1. so we'll see... How are you weaning off the dom?

gigi

pump parts

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

3month4 mth5mth6mth ep7mth ep8mth
spunky girlhuman milkProud Eper

superpowerPhotobucketbfdcosleepbabywear

PhotobucketPhotobucketbaby wear

saving the world 1 bumGaia

babygirlclover girl

Lil' b cup

bessie

6mth clover cuties

CC Sit upCC GigglescoossmilerollPhotobucket

CHECK OUT MY BLOG:
http://sunvalleysoul.blogspot.com/
iVillage Member
Sun, 12-07-2008 - 2:49am
Well done on getting as far as you have and congratulations on making the decision to wean!!! You've done a great job for Elizabeth and it's fantastic that she likes cows milk.
Let us know how it goes :-)
ttfn

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 12-07-2008 - 6:51am
Congrats and good luck!

-jenni

-jenni

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
iVillage Member
Sun, 12-07-2008 - 7:36am

GL!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-07-2008 - 7:56am

Woo Hoo! Congratulations! You have pumped for more than a year already, and that is HUGE. And I'm really glad that E likes cow's milk. That might be a little easier for you knowing that you don't have that pressure on you anymore.

Good luck, and definitely keep us updated!

Shannon

mommy to Guerin Grace

Shannon

mommy to Guerin Grace

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-07-2008 - 12:51pm
If I were in your situation I would wean too. Actually I'm in the process of weaning myself and I don't feel guilty either. One year of BM is fabulous and you've given her a great start. Plus, I think that you and E will have a lot more fun at home w/o the pumping. Keep us posted on your weaning schedule.

Mary Kay, mommy to Ana Patricia (born 7/18/07)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mary Kay, mother to:

Ana Patricia - 7/18/07

Christina Maria - 8/28/10
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-08-2008 - 10:30am

Hi Jilly,

Good to know you have a solid plan about weaning. But if I can say this, your post made me so sad :(. It looks like half our board is weaning. Of course I am happy for you guys, but personally I feel like I will end up with no company, kwim ?! But I am definitely not ready to wean yet!

Ok, enough of my own rant, Good luck with your weaning and keep us posted on how things go!

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-09-2008 - 10:50pm
Arrgh!

Jilly, mom to Elizabeth (Nov. 25, 2007)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-09-2008 - 11:15pm

My supply didn't noticeably drop when I weaned off of dom at around 9-10 months PP. Actually, I kept forgetting to take it and didn't notice a difference and that's when I decided to quit the dom. Why not drop to 2x a day and stay there for awhile until you resolve your feelings about weaning? Are you worried about clogs and mastisis?

I have a weaning plan and it's helpful to have a schedule. It's in Excel so I can move dates around as things change. For example, I'm finding it more difficult to drop from 4x to 3x than I thought. I also realize that I don't want to stay at 2x and 1x as long as I had previously thought. Once I committed to weaning, my feelings about a slow weaning process changed dramatically! Maybe you should put together some sort of a plan? Subject to change, of course!

Ah, the DHs are wise to keep quiet...

Mary Kay, mommy to Ana Patricia (born 7/18/07)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mary Kay, mother to:

Ana Patricia - 7/18/07

Christina Maria - 8/28/10
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-10-2008 - 6:01pm

Hey Jilly,

Just wanted to share with you that once I stopped the Dom, the weaning by went super fast, with not even a clogged duct. I was done in about a week total! So, I think you might notice that once you wean off the Dom, the weaning process might be easier that you'd think, at least I hope so!!! I'm sure that mastitis is not fun!!! Hope all goes well and great job getting so far!!! Elizabeth is a very lucky girl.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Pages