send some "get well" thoughts please

iVillage Member
send some "get well" thoughts please
Tue, 12-23-2008 - 2:02pm

ian's feeling under the weather, please send us some positive thoughts!

he's just got a runny nose and a bit of a cough now. but the whole experience is compounded because we drove 9 hours to kansas last saturday night to spend the holidays with the in-laws, and ian is at the point that he cares that he's not at home anymore. he used to go down to sleep so easily, and now he won't go down for a nap or to bed unless we snuggle him in our bed a lot while he cries himself to sleep. he's also been waking up every two hours at night and he used to wake maybe once and easily go back to sleep if we gave him a sippy of water. his teeth have all come in at once so he's biting his tongue and his cheek, and he doesn't want to eat because his mouth hurts. so he's hungry and waking up a lot at night for milk. he's also pretty lonely during the day because he's used to being in daycare with a lot of kids, but now there's just a bunch of adults around and so he won't play independently. we did have some of his cousins come over the other day and he just loved it. his close cousin (10 months younger) will be coming on friday if the whether permits, and hopefully that will help him to have another baby to play with.

so the poor guy is going through a lot! we're trying to get our pharmacy to transfer a prescription for him for a nasal decongestant so we can get him better before his cold morphs into an ear infection.

i've got myself down to 3 pumps a day. i think when ian's cousin and his family come over i might drop to 2, because things will get more hectic. so it's letting the situation wean for me, i guess. i mean to drop down a bit more, but with ian feelings sick i'm getting a little protective of him, you know? he's really guzzling the milk with his mouth hurting and all. but i'm down to 8 ounces a day, so i should be able to wean quickly whenever i get up the courage!

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-23-2008 - 2:16pm

Awww...{{{hugs}}} Ian!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-23-2008 - 5:05pm
Poor Ian :-( Hope he feels better soon and that you get a chance to enjoy the holiday!

Photobucket
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-23-2008 - 5:23pm

Hope Ian feel better soon.

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-23-2008 - 8:58pm
Poor little guy! And poor you! You must be exhausted with all that waking and fussing.
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-23-2008 - 10:33pm
Big hugs for both of you! It must be hard for you guys right now, and you have all of the emotions of weaning, as well! Ian is lucky to have a mom who loves him so much! We are in the thick of teething, so I can feel your pain! You wonder when it's going to end! LOL!!! It's very hard for them to be in a different place for thier naps and sleeping, so thst must be trying for you as well!!! I hope you get throught he holidays okay and I hope the weaning goes well for you. It amazes me how far you have gotten pumping! You have a very lucky little boy! You need to treat yourself for a job so well done, you are amazing!!!
us Photobucket
us
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-24-2008 - 1:08am
Oh I'm so sorry and poor baby....I think nit must be hard to be little and not know where you are and why you are there.
DAWN Mom to Adelaide Grace 3/25/08
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-24-2008 - 3:14am
Positive thoughts coming your way! Ana doesn't travel well either and both times we visited family she was sick! I hope he feels better soon. Having a cold is no fun at all!

Mary Kay, mommy to Ana Patricia (born 7/18/07)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mary Kay, mother to:

Ana Patricia - 7/18/07

Christina Maria - 8/28/10
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-24-2008 - 8:10am

aww, poor little guy, something has been going around, had to take Max to the Drs and they found a thoat infection so we are on anti-b, but he keeps throwing up the meds!

I Hope ian is feeling better by christmas or at least good enough to enjoy unwrapping his gifts.

May you guys have a safe trip back home.

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-24-2008 - 11:13am

Awww! Poor Ian! Big hugs to both of you. Cold + Teething + night wakings is no fun at all. I hope this phase passed through fast for him and he gets back to normal self soon.

Sending lots of prayers your way!

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-25-2008 - 4:57pm

hey, thanks everyone for the well-wishes!

ian's been on his decongestant for a couple of days and it seems to be helping, although he's still fighting a cough. as long as it doesn't get worse, right?

i'm sorry to hear max is throwing up! i hope he gets better soon. those are some adorable pictures of him with the lights!

ian's been sleeping better too. he only woke up once last night, and he went to sleep quickly when we took him to bed with us. i'm hoping he'll be able to break the cosleeping habit quickly when we get home, since he had no problem sleeping at home. i thought i'd make the exception for him here since he was so uneasy in new surroundings.

we also had his cousins over again today and he had a ball! so we're getting to enjoy the holidays even with all this stuff going on. and daddy and i are catching a nap whenever we can!

happy holidays to everyone!

Photobucket

Pages