2010 Breastfeeding Calendar

iVillage Member
2010 Breastfeeding Calendar
Mon, 09-28-2009 - 10:07pm

Hello Ladies!

La Leche League of Central Lake County, IL has just produced a wonderful 2010 Breastfeeding Calendar as a fundraiser. Not only does it feature nursing mothers, but they have a PUMPING MOM as well! I have been working with LLL in launching this calendar, and as a 7-month EP mom (with partial pump up to 11 months) it was so important to me that pumping mothers were represented.

I had attended LLL meetings during pregnancy, and when nursing was unsuccessful I turned to pumping. I was so ashamed that I couldn't nurse that I stopped attending meetings. It wasn't until a member contacted me about the calendar that I admitted why I was no longer attending. She encouraged me to return and assured me that "every mother's breastfeeding relationship is different, and that La Leche League welcomes them all." It is my hope, that when EP moms like us see this calendar, they will know that LLL is there to support them as well.

Please take a moment to visit our website at http://laleche2010calendar.blogspot.com/ and preview some of the touching images.

Thank you!