How to get to 1x?

iVillage Member
How to get to 1x?
Wed, 10-14-2009 - 9:23pm

I've gotten down to 2x, 15 min each. I've been doing that for about a week now and still getting about 22oz a day. So how do I get to pumping once a day?

Do I just keep trying to increase the time between pumps? I feel like that would end up with me needing to pump at very inconvenient times at night and during work.

Should I just cut down the pumping time of one of the pumps? Or both pumps?

I feel kind of stuck. I really would like to be done ASAP (want to TTC #2) but feel like I'm not making much progress.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Photobucket

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-15-2009 - 12:45pm

When I was pumping 2x, I used to pump 30 mins each. So I just started dropping minutes in the evening pump. I would drop about 2-3 minutes every other day. I would stop pumping even if I was spraying (it was hard!). Then when I was down to about 15 mins, I was making about 8 oz in that pump but I didnt really used to be engorged. Then one day we were at a baby shower and by the time we got back I was about an hour late for my pump. And I said this is it and didnt do my evening pump. Fortunately it went really well.

Now if you are still making a lot at 15 mins, I would pump 10 mins for 2-3 days, then maybe 5 mins and stop.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-15-2009 - 2:59pm
Thanks. I'll try 10 min tonight. I don't usually feel super engorged anymore, so I don't think it will be a problem. But I know that milk will still be driping out, so it will be hard to turn off the pump. I gotta be strong though :)
Photobucket

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-16-2009 - 7:31pm
stop pumping and hand express that way you won't stimulate your boobs anymore.. you can also use cabage leaves they help with engorment and also decrease your milk supply if used long term.. also drink some mint tea.