Q about weaning and boob size

iVillage Member
Q about weaning and boob size
Mon, 11-02-2009 - 1:27pm

I weaned just two weeks ago. I exclusively pumped for 8.5 months and my last pump was 2 weeks ago. I am wondering when my boobs will settle at their final size. I used to be a 34 C pre pregnancy and went upto a 36 E +. Now I am at 34 D and wondering if this is it.I really would like to be a little smaller than this. Also occassionally I feel that my left is a little larger than the right :-(. I still occassionally get a tingling sensation and if I hand express I will get a drop of milk. Please tell me there is hope! Also whatever the final size, I really want to get some good expensive bras to help with the body shape, but do not want to spend until I know this is it!

TIA

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-03-2009 - 10:44am
I've heard many times that if you nurse your boobs will be smaller then they were before, but I think they are lying...they might be flatter and you might be able to roll them up

Photobucket

Alexa

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-03-2009 - 1:01pm

LOL! I swear I was thinking the same thing while trying on different bras today. It is not that I am too big for them but I just dont fit right coz I have no shape left.

I hope I dont end up bigger than pre pregnancy, I have a very petite body and I dont want to walk around like a loaded cannon...

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-05-2009 - 6:50am

Muaahahahaha! I love the 'loaded canon' comment. :-) I always wonder if people can tell my BBs get bigger throughout the day, then shrink after I pump?

I have no personal experience on weaning, but a friend bought bras too early and then continued to drop in size and ended up smaller than pre pregnancy. She's a petite little girl to begin with, so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it or not. She said it took her a month or TWO to level out in size. HTH!

motw

Lilypie

Biggest Loser Team "Yummy Mummies"
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-06-2009 - 12:43am

Glad I was able to add a laugh to your day ;-)

Thanks for the input. 2 months sounds like a lot :-O. I guess everyone is different. I do feel like I have shrunk a bit more, I guess I have a 2 week stabilization phase before I go out shopping.

As a side note, the only good thing about big boobs is it makes my post partum belly look smaller :-)