Need Help to Stop Pumping!!!

iVillage Member
Need Help to Stop Pumping!!!
Mon, 11-30-2009 - 2:37pm

I have been exclusively pumping for about a month now due to very sore nipples. I have recently found out I have yeast. I also have returned to work and I am just ready to stop pumping. My baby is almost 4 months and I find he likes the bottle better.

I have gotten a lot of advice on how to stop (i.e. cabbage leaves, Sudafed a mini-pill, etc.) I am so

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-03-2009 - 1:06pm
Are you wanting to wean from pumping? That is really the only way to do it slowly to avoid mastitis and clogs and things like that. Start to pump less often than you are now. Maybe stretch it out another 1-2 hours and then shorten the amount of time that you spend pumping. Decrease the amount of time by a couple minutes every couple days. Stop your middle of the night pump if you want, that is the important one to keep a good milk supply. So cut that one out. Yeah you can try OTC antihistamines and such to try and hasten the process. But just like building your milk supply, it takes time to lose it as well. Good luck!
Proud momma to DS Bug (4) DD Turtle (2) AD Moo (1) Placed through foster care and finalized in 7 months!! AD -Due August 24th relactating and hoping to nurse succesfully!