Finally HUTH!

iVillage Member
Finally HUTH!
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 3:25pm

Yeah! I just needed to post this because you ladies have been such a huge part of this journey for me and I appreciate all the support and advice that I got on this board. Well, after 13 months of pumping I finally HUTH. And it was actually much easier than I thought. My body was ready, more ready than my mind was. I had a plan to slowly reduce my pumps from 3 to 2 and then to 1 but after I started dropping minutes from my middle of the day pump my milk decreased a lot - and made it so easy to fully drop my other pumps. I would get my pumps down to 45 minutes and then only make an ounce - which was so not worth the time that it was easy for me to drop the pump and then the next one and the last one. I probably would have drawn out the weaning process and would still be pumping today if my body hadn't pretty much said "enough is enough". I thought I would feel guilty - but I actually don't - I feel good! He still gets one bottle of frozen milk per day and the rest is cows milk and it doesn't bother him a bit. It was a long, difficult journey for me - but I'm glad that I did it and I'm glad I got all of your help along the way. Thank you!!!

Jenn

iVillage Member
In reply to: jas1124
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 8:16pm
Congrats on making it so long!!!

-Jenn

Mom to Ashley Elizabeth, born 11/3/09

Photobucket

-Jenn

Mom to Ashley Elizabeth, born 11/3/09