HUTH - A little sad

iVillage Member
HUTH - A little sad
Mon, 03-29-2010 - 10:39pm

I've decided to hang up the hat. My baby is only 8 months old, but I am soooo tired. I've always been a LVP'er and we've had to supplement since he was a week old (he never had a good latch). So, after three pumps, multiple sets of horns, lots of olive oil, etc, I am ready to stop. I am so looking forward to the skin on my breasts going back to normal. Every week or so, they seem to peel due to the friction.

Anyway, I guess I'm just looking for some positive vibes because I feel a little disappointed to be stopping. But, I am really looking forward to some extra sleep, not having to lug my pump to work, washing pump parts, and more. Whew! It has been a long eight months!

I have so appreciated all of the words of wisdom and advice this board has had to offer. Thanks to everyone!

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-30-2010 - 12:10am
Congrats on making it 8 months!!!!!!
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-30-2010 - 1:57pm

^OMG I am cracking up at the "new boobie skin!". Also, I love your twins blinky. Do people really ask if they are identical? Mo-rons....

Amelias mom, you did fantastic! Don't stress! Think of all you've done in the last 8 months! You've pumped for 240 days. You've probably pumped over 1,000 times! If it makes you happy to get some life back and enjoy your family then it's worth it. No one here will ever say any different. Just know that you will always belong to this club, where EVERYONE understands when no one else does. Come back and visit often!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married to Aaron 06/14/06

Diagnosed PCOS 11/07

FTM/SAHM to Avery Joy born 07/24/09

Currently writing a book about Exclusively Pumping!!!
Exclusively Pumping
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-31-2010 - 9:26am

I know that feeling, I felt the same way when I weaned my first Parker at about 10 months...I felt Mommy guilt for weeks!

Photobucket