done tomorrow

iVillage Member
done tomorrow
Sat, 04-24-2010 - 1:18am

Hey all-I just wanted to thank everyone so much for the information and encouragement the last 7 months. I'm so glad I found this site to learn how to make the most out of a poor breast-feeding situation.
I think I'll be all done tomorrow. I've been weaning for 3 weeks and today I only pumped 5 oz after a day and a half.
I have NO IDEA how I feel about it!! One minute I'm happy, then the next I"m listing all my reasons for it and having to rejustify my decision and then I'm sad and then I'm happy again...Really frustrating. I can't even explain to anyone how I feel about it, so I thought I might share on here and get other people feeling when they quit.
I'm really happy to have my time back and that's another hour a day at least that I get to spend with Mara Jade that I didn't have before...I'll get more sleep and be happier generally. I also won't be in any pain anymore with clogs and sore nips and everything so YAY!!
However, I feel bad because I am voluntarily doing something that is not what is best for my baby, and they brain wash you in those prenatal classes and make you think that formula is poison and you're making yourself a sick kid with a lot of allergies if you don't exclusively breastfeed... I also feel like I'm being judged with I'm out in public and get her a bottle of formula because it's not like i can go up and explain this long and difficult journey to give my baby breast milk. I know no one is looking and judging, but I still feel like it.
Anyway, I'm trying to be proud of going for 6 months and having a bit of a freezer stash that I'm going to spread out over the next few months and not think of the fact that if pressed right down to it, I COULD keep going...What are all your thoughts and experiences with this? I hate being so emotional and weird about it, but I keep waffling back and forth. I mean, the decision's made and I can't change my mind now, but I'm just trying to come to grips with it emotionally.

I am, however, looking forward to some new bras!! That's my HUTH gift to me!

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-25-2010 - 11:18am

Congratulations on quitting!! I had mixed emotions now but am so glad I quit! I'm now dedicating the "extra" time to running w/ baby in a jogging stroller. He loves it!

Just a word of advice - don't buy new bras too soon! I was like you and was down to making almost no milk. I waited another week without any pumping, then bought bras. I shrunk a full cup size a week or two after that, so all of the new bras had to go back! (I kept the tags on).

Maybe get a transitional bra, then wait a month? I'm still not sure I'm done shrinking!

Lilypie

Photobucket

Biggest Loser Challenge
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-25-2010 - 6:19pm
Good advice on the bras. I'm already sad at how much smaller I am:( I will definitely wait.