Starting to taper off and feeling sad

iVillage Member
Starting to taper off and feeling sad
Thu, 04-29-2010 - 5:50pm

Hi there,

Just making this post to see if I can't get some words of encouragement. I've been EPing for 3.5 months now and am planning to wean already. We have a major trip planned for May and I really don't want to be hampered by the pumping schedule and having it interfere with our activities. That said, now that I am at the point where I am supposed to start tapering off, I'm feeling really sad about it. I am prone to clogs and so its been a rough road so far. It was only really 3 or 4 weeks ago that I felt like I really got the EP thing down and was producing a lot and pumping comfortably 5x a day. All that work and now I have to stop?! I could keep going but then I just worry about the vacation.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-29-2010 - 8:10pm

Hi!

From your post, it sounds like you are uncertain--there's no harm in changing your mind, or just reducing the number of pumps in time for your vacation. If I were you I would go with your gut feeling on this one. Remember there will be many vacations in the future pump-free, but you only have one chance to keep up your supply and feed breast milk to your baby.

HTH
Lynne
babyfood1.blogspot.com