What is your feeding routine?

iVillage Member
What is your feeding routine?
Mon, 04-11-2005 - 3:57pm

I am trying to figure out how to get 18w DD to eat more. I've been upping her bottles to 4oz from 3oz. (Most bottles come in this size, so, I'm wondering if that's the norm?)

At bedtime I pull out the big guns, the 8oz bottle and attempt to get her to take 5oz. However, it seems that sometimes in order for her to take even 4oz, I have to span it out over a half hour. (Ex: 2oz at 4:00 p.m. and then another 2oz at 4:30 p.m.) It seems once the bottle leaves her mouth, it's hard to get her to take it again.

Pedi said she should be drinking a total of 24oz and eating about every 4 hours. That sounds like four bottles of 6oz or 5 bottles of 5 oz. (Pedi was trying to help me figure out how she would be more full going to bed and not wake up for feedings throughout the night.) We tried waking her and feeding her before we go to bed and that didn't work. It actually seemed to disrupt her sleep more AND she still woke up at 12:00 a.m. and 3:00 a.m.

Sorry this post is so scrambled, but that's the state of my brain. LOL ;)

I'm just wondering how much everyone feeds their 4/5 months old and how often. Of course, bottom line, if she's hungry, I feed her.

(Also, we're 80% formula these days.)

Thanks for any input.

gogo

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-11-2005 - 4:03pm

Whoops! Sorry, I meant to post this under general discussions.

gogo