EP twins

iVillage Member
EP twins
Fri, 04-15-2005 - 1:01pm
I need to hear stories from twin mommies. I really need to start EP. Is this possible?
iVillage Member
In reply to: susan0585
Sun, 04-17-2005 - 11:14am

Yes it's possible, but I find it does take more time, compared to EPing for a singleton.

iVillage Member
In reply to: susan0585
Sun, 04-17-2005 - 9:16pm

Hi! I'm currently eping for my almost 7 week old B/G twins. I started out bfing them and supplementing formula in the hospital. When we got home I was doing the same and planning to eventually do mostly pumping and some bfing. Well, my children had different plans for me. It turns out that Madelyn had a very powerful suck but a poor latch (a problem that made me ep for my first dd). Billy, jr had great form but a very weak suck. And to top it all off, my first dd was not happy about the time it was taking me to bf the twins. Sooo to make life a little easier for all of us, I decided to ep. I'm a LVP so I have to supplement formula for the twins. Right now I pump 5 times a day and get 24-25oz so they babies get about 60-70% bm and the rest formula. Eventually, I know that the percentage of bm will go down because I just don't know how long I can keep pumping 5 times a day, but I figure some bm is better than none.
Well that's my story...Hope it helps.

Grace
dd-Haley 7/5/02
twins-Madelyn & Billy, Jr (2/28/05)