PLEASE HELP!

iVillage Member
PLEASE HELP!
Sun, 04-18-2010 - 3:26am
I don't know what is going in! I am 4.5 weeks pp. Two weeks ago is was making oodles of milk. My supply is dwindling. My right breast is perpetually hard. I don't feel clogs (little bumps). Instead my boob (at least part of it) is hard as a rock, i have tried switching pumps (swing to freestyle), changing flange sizes, massaging. i can't fix it! i can't tell if a hole is plugged...if so...how would i open it? my right breast used to be my large propducer...now it jusrt stinks. is there any hope in regaining my supply once i work this out?
FWIW...this is my 2nd time EPing. The first time I had ZERO problems with clogs..why now? I have been using my freestyle as i have a 20 month old to chase around. should i go back to my hospital grade pump?
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
iVillage Member
In reply to: issalc
Sun, 04-18-2010 - 7:52am
Did you try changing the little white flaps (membranes)?
DAWN Mom to Adelaide Grace 3/25/08
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-18-2010 - 12:33pm
Thank you for your response. i unclogged it with my hospital grade pump and massaging! YEAH! couple of questions...is there any hope in regaining my supply? how often do i take the lecithin? thank you!
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-18-2010 - 5:43pm

Just pump more frequently until you build back up.

DAWN Mom to Adelaide Grace 3/25/08
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-18-2010 - 8:18pm
Phew...that's good news!! :o)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-19-2010 - 4:01am

Thanks Dawn!

Melissa - Even though thr clog is gone, my supply stinks! I'm pretty sure I know why...I am not drinking enough water. Also, I have been going about six hours at night without a pump I do pump b/w 1 and 5 though), Finally, my 4.5 week old is colicky and my 20 month old never stops, so I am pretty stressed these days.

I am pumping every two-three hours during the day with a 6 hours stretch at night.

i am just so frustrated b/c the last time i EPed for my first daughter, i was able able to empyt so quickly. now, i could sit attached to the pump forever and still have milk slightly trickling out. what's the deal?

maybe i should try a new pump? i need hope that my supply will increase!