WHOOHOOO! I'M DONE!!

iVillage Member
WHOOHOOO! I'M DONE!!
Mon, 06-02-2008 - 12:59am
YAY! I am done!!!
I EP'd for 7 and a half months and was ready to wean so I could spend more time with DS. I weaned slowly over 2 months. Then, I kept feeding frozen for 2 more weeks. At first it was pretty emotional to HUTH...but I think it was more hormones than guilt. I feel such relief now; it's great to be free from the ol' pump! I was sore at first and I reeked like cabbage! It was kind of funny to have pieces of vegetable coming out of my bra!! My sumpply was so diehard that I had to pump after 10 days cause the milk would not go away...weird. But, it seems to be gone now.
DS is doing fine with formula. At first we did Enfamil A+, which was our ped's suggestion...but he was really fussy with that. So, he's on Nestle Good Start now and he's doing just fine with it.
Oh, and my bbs are shrinking to a normal size. Geez! I was almost on the verge of structural collapse they were so big!! I'm thrilled to be fitting into my underwire bras and pre-baby clothes. THough...I must say the ol' girls are NOT what they used to be...they're saggier...but my nips do feel better.
Well, for anyone thinking of weaning, there are some pretty good pluses to it! (As long as your ready)
Photobucket

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2008 - 7:19am

LOL on the "structural collapse" comment. :)

congratulations on being done! sounds like you are enjoying your freedom and all the extra time to spend with your little one. glad you found a formula he likes.

stick around the board a little, we'll miss you!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2008 - 10:50am

Ha ha ha!!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2008 - 11:19am
Well, thanks. I am really enjoying my new freedom, but I'll definitely be back to visit. You ladies are the only ones who get what it's like to be a long time pumper. You all helped me get through all those tough times and feel proud to EP...so thank-you!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2008 - 12:18pm
Congratulations! I look forward to that day. Except for the shrinking boobs. I kind of like the bigger ones I have now because I started small. Wish mine would stay the way they look when I am engorged. They look like perfectly rounded implants! Oh well....

Shannon

Shannon

mommy to Guerin Grace

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2008 - 12:45pm
Yippeee Chandra!!! How fantastic for you! I must admit that I am a bit envious. I think it's a sign that I am getting ready to HUTH too pretty soon. Don't leave us quite yet though, we'll miss you!!!
Photobucket

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-03-2008 - 9:25am

Glad to hear that you are done with weaning! That must be a relief!

I think I am almost there - has been more than 2 days since I pumped last and am not feeling full ;-), hoping this is it!

sruanj.jpg sruanj picture by lktwogirls

preview image

preview image

medal6mo.jpg image by lktwogirls

-Lax

"Life is what happens, while you are busy making plans."
~ John Lennon ~