First Appt w/ the OB/GYN

iVillage Member
First Appt w/ the OB/GYN
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 4:11pm
Hi there. I've posted on the old board a couple of times. As a mini-reintroduction, I am Cathy and am expecting #1 in October. I'm 32 and DH is 38.

Anyway, I have been waiting and waiting for my 1st appt with the doc. When I called them back in early February, they scheduled me for today at 2:30. I've been literally counting the days...

So, I get there today bang on time and they apologize and say that Dr. D'Angelo had to go to an induction and couldn't be there for my appt. Argh! I rescheduled for next Thursday at 2:30 (so I'll have to leave work early *again*) and I just hope she will be there.

What an anticlimax! Anyone else had that happen? I know it is not her fault, and it could be me one day, interfering with someone else's appt. But it's still frustrating.

Cathy

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 6:32pm
Ugh, so sorry that happened to you. Too bad they couldn't have caught you before you left work. I haven't had that exact thing happen, but once at one of my midwife appts I was waiting and waiting and then the midwife came and told me she was trying to do an aversion and it would be a little while. I was able to wait and still got my appointment in. Patience vibes to you!

Kristie