Second Trimester-Anxiety and Worry . . .

iVillage Member
Second Trimester-Anxiety and Worry . . .
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 1:25pm
I guess it is just part of the second trimester emotions, but as I get nearer to the date of my sonogram. I feel nervous about the baby and its health, etc. I have no reason to feel this way because there have been no indications. I am just so anxious to have a happy, healthy baby in my arms--boy or girl! Anyone else feeling this way.

Jeanne and peanut EDD 8/29

Lilypie Baby Days
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-16-2003 - 4:10pm
I am at 39 weeks and still have anxiety and worry!!! I think it's just a normal part of pregnancy. The first trimester I worried about miscarriage (I had 1 previously), the second I worried about feeling movement and having the u/s done and now in my third trimester I worry about my big butter bean baby being delivered healthy and happy (he was 8 1/2 lbs at 37 weeks I just worry about him being able to get out!!!)

Although I have had 5 u/s done during my pregnancy, I would be more than happy to have one weekly to make sure he is doing ok in there or maybe a plexiglas window into my uterus --LOL

My mother thinks I am crazy, as I express alot of my worries to her :) My mother-in-law on the other hand was worse than I am (she lost 3 in between her kids)so at least I have someone to share concerns with!!!

Just don't worry so much that you don't enjoy this special time in your life!!

Jen

EDD 5/21

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-23-2003 - 6:13pm
Jeane - I'm about to go into my sixth month and I don't think a day has passed that I haven't felt some kind of anxiety and or worry about the baby's health..even after each ultrasound I still feel panic as soon as I get home. (need one of those machines in my living room!) I don't know if that ever goes away.??? Don't worry though, I think it's a common thing?! :)
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-22-2003 - 4:22pm
Just try to have faith and think positive. It's normal to worry- I don't know of anyone who doesn't. Let me tell you there's always something new to worry about, so just try to relax and enjoy it all instead. I'm just starting my 3rd trimester and supposed to "count the movements" now and so this week I'm worrying about whether she's moving enough, if she's as big as she should be, etc... and I'll probably feel that way until my next u/s at 34w! I'll try to be positive with you!

Laura edd 7/21

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-21-2003 - 1:42pm
I am feeling exactly the same way. Can't stop worrying suddenly. I have no reason to or any signs of problems...but I am looking for every symptom known. I am happy to know someone else feels this way. I have been sitting here trying to rationalize what I could ask my doctor if I called her. I guess I would say something like: "Hi, nothings wrong, but do you think anything could be wrong?" :) Thanks for sharing your worry. I'm still worried, but at least I don't feel so insane. I'll be thinking of you and your baby! Good luck!
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 11:42am
I felt the same way all of you are feeling right now just about 14 weeks ago. And actually now that I am headed into my 3rd Trimester I am startign to get nervous all over again. I am 27 weeks and 4 days today and a lady due the same day as me just gave birth about two weeks ago to 3 little girls. Even though I know Triplets tend to come a bit early this has offically freaked me out. In fact I am so scared i am not ready for this baby. My new thing is what do I do with it once it is here. Anyways it does get better! Good Luck!

-Teresa
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 9:38pm
Hi Jeanne, I think what you are feeling is what we all felt at this time. I remember being worried until I got an u/s at 14wks and then was so relieved when I saw my baby jumping around inside of me. Just seeing that baby will calm everything down a bit.

Kristie

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 6:01pm
I, too, am pretty nervous on some level. I mean, I've just hit week 13, I'm starting to feel a little more energetic, and I'm even poking out a little bit! I say all this to say that I'm becoming more and more excited and am therefore feeling inclined to inform more and more people... But what if something is or goes wrong??? I mean, I've still got the upcoming ultrasound to determine if everything is in the right places. It's still so early! We'll be halfway through this thing before we can sort of rest easily.

But on the flip side, we're just trying to remain positive, because that's really about the only constructive thing we can do at this point.

Well, hang in there. Many wishes for a healthy baby to you!!!

Jaye and the Cashew, EDD 10/02

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 1:38pm
Jeanne, being nervous is completely normal. At least it was normal for me, LOL! In fact, the whole first half of my pregnancy, I got really nervous before every appointment. First it was, "Will they hear the heartbeat?" Then it was nervousness about the ultrasound. My dr. even warned me early on that these pre-appointment jitters were very common!

But once the u/s was behind me and all looked well, I haven't been nervous since. So hang in there! Sending you lots of ~~~~healthy baby vibes~~~~ and happy thoughts.

Leigh