any cures for a heat rash?

iVillage Member
any cures for a heat rash?
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 8:07pm
I haven't had too many pregnancy symptoms, but I do have this irritating heat rash! I have heard it is common. Any magic cures?
Lilypie Baby Days
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 8:41am
I Would like to know about this also, I assumed I broke out because of the amount of cocoa butter I had on I did not know that is was common. What I did was put cocoa butter from about my breast down to my stomach,on the backs of my legs anywhere that might strech. My mom swears by cocoa butter that you wont get strech marks if you use it, I put it on and then went to work I work in a resturant and the kitchen is very hot and I broke out in horrible heat rash I got it to go away in couple of days of no cocoa butter and lots of powder. I am still using the cocoa butter I just dont put as much on befor I go to work but before I go to bed I've been coating my self in it I dont want strech marks!

My EDD is Oct.31 What is yours?
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 9:28am
When Taylor gets them, I give her a bath with some baking soda in it. It seems to help. You may also want to try wearing cotton clothing - clothes that can "breathe" really help cut down on that.

Of course, I am also finding that diaper rash cream helps with a lot of things that pop up with Taylor. I realize that this info is for you and not babies, but I figured it might help.

Holly

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 12:36pm
My EDD is August 29th, and I am dreading the HOT summer. I have always been prone to heat rashs in general. My skin is sensitive to things to things like deodorant, etc. But I haven't been putting on any lotion on this area (my inner thigh). My doc did recommend cornstarch powder, but I can't tell that it has made it any better. Well, at least we have something in common! :)
Lilypie Baby Days
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 6:40am
I don't know of any magic cures, but you could try one of those Aveeno Oatmeal Baths. Also, may want to ask your doc or nurse about it. Kristie