BTDT moms and anyone due... m

iVillage Member
BTDT moms and anyone due... m
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 3:46pm
From now till the end of May 03.

BTDT I was wondering when the baby dropped for you, and how soon after were they delivered?

Those due soon, have you dropped yet at all?

I dropped over the weekend and I'm curious if this is normal, I have 4 weeks to go till EDD. And because she dropped, my hips have been killing me with all the added pressure. It even hurts to sit down at work today!!! Does anyone have any ideas how to help it, even a little?

Thanks, Aleisa

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-15-2003 - 8:09pm
Aleisa, the dr did say that the baby is partially engaged in my pelvis, but not all the way - she could still feel the back of his head above the pubic bone a bit, but yes, it looks like that's why he's sitting on my lap. I have a 37-wk check-up on Monday, and I think they'll say he's dropped a bit further, because now I can barely bend forward, without feeling like I'm squishing the little guy, and also feel a LOT more pelvic pain.

Good luck sweetie - we're aaaaalmost there!! =)

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-12-2003 - 5:28pm
Gabriel dropped when I got to 10 cm and pushed him down! So, I guess I can't be of much help! Except to say that they don't necessarily have to drop! (but believe me, its better if they do that all on their own since I pushed for 40 min just to get the kid to 0 station which is about where most start out!!!!)

Almost there Aleisa! You can do it!!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-11-2003 - 1:17pm
I have four weeks to go, and as of last week, I feel like the baby is sitting on my lap. My hips have been hurting a LOT for about the last month, so I don't know if that's an indicator for me, but my pelvis in the front is starting to hurt more and more also. I have my 36-wk checkup this morning, so I plan to ask if the baby has actually "dropped" at this point. I'll let you know what they say.
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-10-2003 - 2:03pm
When your baby drops doesn't always mean that the baby is coming soon. Some people drop early, some drop the day of, and some never know that their babies dropped. I know that in my case, I never really thought "wow the baby dropped". My DH said he could notice, but I couldn't. My baby came 1 month early, but I have no idea if I had dropped sometime before or if she came close to the time she dropped. I do though, remember the pain. Hang in there. Kick back and relax and get someone to rub your back and hips for you :o)

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 3:39pm
It's different for everybody. I dropped in Feb (the dr was shocked when she confirmed it for me)and Taylor was 1 week overdue...I hate to be telling you that.

Hopefully you have a baby that is anxious to join the rest of the world.

Holly