DH lost his job

iVillage Member
DH lost his job
Fri, 05-23-2003 - 2:15pm
Hi Everyone,

Besides finding out the exciting news that I am pregnant...I have had a bad couple of months. I got in a really bad car accident right after I found out I was pregnant (everything was okay), then I had some bad bleeding after 6 weeks and thought I was going to M/C, then I had a mole removed on my back that looks like it might be skin cancer (which i've had before and is in my family history) and now my husband just got laid off from his job on Tuesday. We live in Washington State and the economy is really bad here so I'm worried about him finding a new job.

Is anyone else having a really hard time with stress in their life right now? I'm trying to keep calm but I am so worried about so many things.

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks ....hope you are all well!

Amy

EDD 12/26

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-25-2003 - 8:49am
HI Amy, {{HUGS}} to you!! Just try to stay positive and remember that after all you've been through with this pregnancy, everything is fine and this will be too. Things like this usually work themselves out and hopefully your DH will be able to find a better job. Please try to stay positive and upbeat and keep us posted. Kristie
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-23-2003 - 8:40pm
i am so sorry! i hope things get better and i am sure they will! just trust in things ( or god if you can) and get throught this! my bf who is the only one working lost his job last month and we made a promise not ot fight cuz things were getting stressfull! try to make this promise it really helps. i lloked online for a job for him i spent all day faxing remdom resumes out to places and finally we got bites and he found a job. i can tell you i was really scared cuz hes a maintenince tech for an appt complex thats all hes ever done and when he looses a job it means we loses the appt we live in too! they usualy make u live onsite! when you get layed off, fired or quit you have till the end out the month to get out or somethimes as little as 7 days! it can be really scarry. but let me tell you at ehe last job things were really tight, him getting layed off is like a blessing. the new job he gets all the overtime he wants! that really helps! i mis him tons but we need the $. you will get throguth this! just belive you can!
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-27-2003 - 5:16pm
Hang in there girl! MyDH just lost his job too a few weeks ago. Right before we found out we were pg with our first. It is pretty stressful and scary, but I keep hoping (knowing) that everything will turn out okay and be right. There is something better for our DH out there and they will find it! I have faith it will work out!

I hope your okay and the mole isn't cancer. We have that in our family too. Take care of yourself and try to relax.

It's funny, my DH and I were thinking of moving to Spokane this last year, but we didn't. But we were still thinking of it. Where do you live in Washington? Would love to get your take on it. Chad's best friend lives up there.

I'll be thinking of you! Take care,

Krista

2/3/04