writer needs pregnant moms input
Find a Conversation
|Sat, 06-07-2003 - 4:32pm|
I am a freelance writer putting together a short article about online support for pregnant moms. I am trying to get a sense of how message boards and chats are helpful to expectant parents. I am looking for several pregnant women to "interview" via email.
Some of my questions:
- How did you go about locating a good message board/chat?
- What criteria did you use to determine which boards to participate in?
- What makes a good chat room?
- Why does online support work for you?
- Does the support you find online take the place of personal support, or just supplement it?
- Has participating in an online community provided you with benefits that you can't find elsewhere?
- What do you like about having an online support system?
- Does the anonymity of the Internet allow you to ask questions that might be embarrassing in person? Elaborate, please.
- Have you had the opportunity to meet online friends in person? What was that like?
- How do you know that the information you receive from online sources is true? Have you ever approached your doctor with a question/concern that surfaced online?
If you wish to answer any of these questions, you may contact me through my profile. Feel free to elaborate! Please let me know how I can reach you, and whether or not I can use your name in my article. Thanks in advance!