help - looking for GOOD game prizes

iVillage Member
help - looking for GOOD game prizes
Thu, 09-11-2003 - 12:18am
Hello new mom's

i'm not one of you yet, but i am throwing a shower for a friend who is about to be. I'm struggling over gifts to give to the winners of the games. there's your typical candles, lotions, picture frames and brick-a-brack from the dollar store. but i was wondering if at any of your showers something particularly special or unique was given.

sorry to bring this topic up on this forum but i went to the shower boards but they're not very trafficed and i see yours is and figured since you've all been through the shower thing fairly recently, you would be a good resourse to tap.

any and all ideas appreciated

angie

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-11-2003 - 1:25am
At my baby shower, my MIL gave out these little pots with a package of seeds and planting dirt. She put a little poem on there about the flower growing while my DD grows. The way I'm explaining it, it doesn't seem all that nice lol, but it really was cute! :)

~Kristina & Ani Rose 3/21/03

Kristina & Ani Rose 3/21/03   

"A child said, What is the grass

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-11-2003 - 11:44am
Went to a shower recently where the prizes were just $5 gift cards to Target. Worked out great. The hostess didn't have to run all over the place getting gifts and then perhaps wrapping them before the shower and the winners could use it for whatever they wanted. Also worked out nice because it was a co-ed shower, so the prizes weren't gender specific. You could do something similar to any local or national store in your area. Good luck and have fun!
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-11-2003 - 11:38pm
What a cute idea Kristina! I will have to keep that in mind with my sisters shower coming up. I really love that idea! Thanks :)

Kerri

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-12-2003 - 9:44am
That is a great idea! I am having a co-ed shower and never even put any thought into the gifts. I will have to remind my mother. Maybe we could do 1/2 cute and 1/2 useful(for lack of a better word).

At my friends baby shower they gave away free coffee certificates from Starbuck's. That was really nice.

I haven't been to a baby shower in a long time. I can't think of any cute ideas. Kristin's was a good one but I think would work better for a spring baby.

Maybe try the library.

Good luck!

Brandy

edd Dec 21

Photobucket