!!**!!**Tueday Three**!!**!!

iVillage Member
!!**!!**Tueday Three**!!**!!
Tue, 09-30-2003 - 1:34am

What is three things that we may not know about you? I'll start :)

1. I met my DH online, through a chat program called IRC. :) He was going to school in SC and I in IN. He traveled the 14 hour trip frequently until we moved in together.

2. When I do go back to school, I'm going to be a nurse. I really want to do something in a birthing center. If I do become a nurse i will go to school for my RN then Nurse practioner. But I've also started to consider being a nurse midwife.

3. I grew up with 2 brothers. My father was abusive physically & mentally throughout most of my life. We credit that to the lack of father he had. He since has completely changed. Except the occasional mindgame that he still does rather well. I'm not aware of any of it anymore being so far away. But my parents recently got divorced. After my mom had such a horrible time with my dad. She's now single, and ready to date. I'm ecstatic for her. I do not regret any of the things that have happened to me in my life, as I've learned from them and have become a better person. When negative things happen, I believe you can let them overcome you or overcome them. I'd like to think despite my past, that I'm doing rather well. :)

What is something we do not know about you? Happy Tuesday...I wish it was Friday already!

Kristina & Ani Rose 3/21/03   

"A child said, What is the grass

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-30-2003 - 8:05am
1~ When I was 3 I was playing around with my dad until I banged my mouth on his forehead and knocked a couple teeth loose. Then a couple days later we were in a car accident(which was partly my fault) and I wasn't buckled up. I hit my mouth on the dash. I ended up having 4 teeth pulled and 4 more fell out over the next month. I didn't get my adult teeth until I was in 2nd grade. I was referred to as Gumby until then. (I really did mean it when I sang "All I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth!")

2~ I was planning on making a career in banking, and turned down a very good high paying job because I thought it would be very boring. Now I work at a guitar factory, which I love & I have great benefits!

3~ I love cars. I work on them race them and do demolition derby's. Most people think I am very shy and sweet until they see my out either working on my car or playing on stage in my band. I enjoy the adrelaline rush and I can't wait to get my little boy involved in all kinds of different activities and see what he likes and what he is good at :)

Brandy

edd Dec 21

W/William 'Cade'

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-30-2003 - 10:32am

Brandy, I'm sorry to hear about the rough time that you had when you were younger. Kids can be so cruel sometimes. I said something to my DH about homeschooling Ani, after watching something on Dr. Phil about bullies and teen suicides due to their peers. But he said that social interaction is a part of life. My mom had a weird problem with her teeth when she was younger too. Her mom signed her up to participate in some study about flouride back in the 60s before it was approved. It caused all of her baby teeth to rott out. She eventually grew in the permanent of course, but still remembers being called names due to it. Working in a guitar shop sounds awesome! I wish I did lol. I don't know too much, but before Ani I was picking up the acoustic guitar. Thanks so much for sharing your information, I loved getting to know you better!

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-30-2003 - 10:45am
1. My DH and I met at work. I had actually had a boyfriend at the time who was a complete jerk and my DH comforted me. (Now I know he was just trying to get on my good side because he liked me... it worked) He is 23 and I am going to be 21 next month on the 11th.

2. I want to eventually run a daycare out of my home. I have always loved kids and have looked into all kinds of ways I can work with them. To me I think having a daycare is what's best for me because I can stay at home with my own kid/kids.

3. The job that I have now, I work with my MIL. It's hard sometimes but other times it comes in handy when I need lunch money. He he. I just recently got some new responsibilites at work and so it's been harder to keep up with the board.

-Michele

EDD Dec 18

girl

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-30-2003 - 11:45am
What are three things that we may not know about you?

Well, here are some things most people I know in person don't know about me:

1. I too, met my husband online on a bulletin board service (bbs) before the internet had developed into what it is today. Seems we had crossed paths many times in our lives but never met (he was best friends with my brother's best friend, played sports and went to school with many of my relatives and people I knew, etc..)We wrote long letters to each other for about four months and then decided to meet "as friends" at a nightclub. I was supposed to ask him what he was drinking, and he'd reply with a certain specialty drink- that's how I'd know it was him. But that night at the club, I asked around and didn't find anyone drinking that drink so gave up. I spent the night trying to peel my eyes away from a gorgeous guy who sat in front of me on a pool table all night. Later, I found out that my husband was the guy on the pool table (we talked about where he was and where I was and why we didn't connect that night). Finally, we met at his work and it was love at first sight. We have been glued together ever since- ten years later.

2. Much to the dismay of my parents, I was a "wild" teenager (had a lot of issues, including dealing with parents' divorce- that was how I coped). I was very rebellious, smoked, partied almost all the time, dressed very strangely with either dyed and/or shaved hair, and always got into trouble with my friends. Most people that didn't know me then would never guess that I was that way as a teenager, and people I run into from those days think I'm a different person. My parents and family are utterly shocked that I grew out of that phase and graduated from college with a 3.8 GPA, finished a post-graduate program with a 4.0., taught elementary school for a bit and now own a house and like to garden and run. (Moral: never give up on your teenager or think you know which direction they are headed)

3. I ice skated from ages 2-12 years old. I quit because when I was 12, I thought it was extremely boring (I regret that now). I picked up skating again at age 19, and I hope to start taking private lessons again once my son is old enough to stand (want to introduce him to skating, as well).

Untitled Document

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-30-2003 - 1:08pm
Here are three thing speople may not know about me.

1. When I was a little girl I was a gymnast for 13 years. I was shooting for the 1988 olympics. It took up all of my free time, and I had been involved in other things as well. I took singing acting and dance, I also ice skated for only a year though, I took piano out of my home. Well needless to say I tried everything. When gymnastics started taking over my life( 8 hours a day 6 days a week) I realized I was giving up the other things I loved, plus my grades in school were getting bad, I just quit one day and have never looked back. I liked it and all but to tell you the truth if I ever have a little girl I would not even think of putting her in gymnanstics. I still suffer the phisical effects now (and I am 30). Always struggling with weight issues, back problems ect. Gymnastics I beleve was also the start of my low self esteem.

2.I also met my DH at work, but I beleive it was fate. I grew up in Las vegas but moved away for a couple years, when I came back I was out applying for jobs when I got stuck in the right hand turn lane behind a shuttle bus. I tried to get out of the lane but couldnt. On the back of the bus it said "follow me to Sams town". Well in a million years I would not have applied for a job at sams town, I live way too far away. But for some reason I followed the bus to Sams town were I got a job as a cocktail waitress and met my DH a week later and never looked back, we dated for 5 1/2 years before finally getting married on November 7th 2002. We got pregnant on our honeymoom.

3.I love sports. I was born in Cleveland Ohio and am a huge Cleveland Indians fan. I also like football but Baseball is really my thing. I had collected 10 autographs from my favorite indian players, when DH would go to California when they would play there. But last yeay my dog got a hold of my ball and ate the hide off of it. Good thing I love our 2 dog like they were also our children.

Andreanna

Edward Harper 8/28/03

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-30-2003 - 2:39pm
Here are three things you probably don't know about me:

1. My parent's own a Boat Store here in town. It's been open for 20 years now. We moved here from Frankfort, IL back when I was 4 in order for them to start their dream business. 20 years later, it's still a thriving business.

2. I have a 9 year old stepdaughter. DH was never married to her mother, but still religiously pays non court ordered child support. It's weird to think of her that way, as I was only 15 when she was born. I look at her more like a cousin or something, especially since we don't see her often. She hasn't even met our son yet. Her mother claims she's too busy. Oh well... Don't get me started. ;)

3. I'll graduate with my Bachelor's degree in management on September 1, 2004. WOOHOO, only 11 months to go!!!

Jennifer & Jake (6/6/03)

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-30-2003 - 3:10pm

Wow, I love getting to know everyone more personally. Theres lots of stuff I wouldn't even have imagined, I think it's so wonderful and I'm so happy you all decided to share!

I also wanted to congratulate you Jenn, on your big accomplishment to be. :) Finishing school is very important, and your oh so very close! Great job!