Wacky Wednesday!
Wed, 10-15-2003 - 1:50am

A bit ago we played 3 things you may

Kristina & Ani Rose 3/21/03   

"A child said, What is the grass

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-15-2003 - 10:26am
Well that's definately hard to top

1) At age 13 I became addicted to drugs (hash, coke,LSD,& pills), I used daily until myself and 2 friend OD'd at 16. One of whom almost died. When I decided to go to college i decided that i wanted to help others and got my diploma as a Drug & Alcohol counsellor. It was one of the best decisions i made, i love my career, i work with women with all forms of addictions.

Well i cna't come up with anything else right now so there's mine.

Stephanie and reagan 8/3/03

Lilypie Baby Days
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-15-2003 - 12:25pm

Stephanie, thats wonderful your turning a negative event in your life into a positive. I too had bouts with drugs. I remember my mom getting mad at me when she found out I did LSD. My parents we're trying to discipline me. So my mom is telling me how upset she is while my dad is sitting there going "I wouldn't mind if you smoked a bag of weed, but stay away from acid".

Doing acid made me so stupid. I showed my supervisor at work my HS transcript. She goes "No you didn't start doing drugs your sophmore year". She's silly and makes drug jokes all the time. But I learned my lesson. I'm sorry you had to learn yours a tougher way.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-15-2003 - 7:32pm

I'll play..

1.) I am a cancer survivor. 2 weeks before my DH and I got married my dr. called and told me I had invasive cervical cancer and that I should have a complete hysterectomy before it spread. My oncologist had a different idea and we spent our honeymoon in the hospital and I had all my lymph nodes removed, and 3 different types of (basically) biopsies (sp) done. It was agreed that we would hold off on the hysterectomy , we would have our children right away and then have it done as long as I had a biopsy done every three months. So skip ahead a year and a half and we are blesses w/ a beautiful daughter. I have to have a biopsy next month and we have to decide If Sasha is the only one or if we want one more. My oncologist says we have to decide pretty much now..

2.) I am an ex-"club kid" and spent about 8 1/2 years in that scene. Sasha is in a round about way named after a DJ. (not directly, I just liked his name)

3.) I met my DH because he looked like the very first boyfriend I ever had. He had a mohawk and I had to tell him he looked my first and we have been together ever since. He says that 1 week prior to meeting me he had asked "G*d" for a girl just like him and when I came up to him in the bar he knew at that moment that I was sent from "G*d" and that we would end up married with a family. (he even tried to break up w/me at one point and realized that it was meant to be and couldn't go through w/the break up.)

Michelle

Sasha Riley 8.1.03

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-15-2003 - 11:15pm
Michelle, thank you for sharing with us. I'm sorry to hear about the cancer. I'm so happy that you do have Sasha. I think it's cool you round aboutly named her after a DJ. :) I named Ani after a folk singer (who also happens to be bisexual lol and everyone that listens to her is assumed to be a big feminist). Having another child is a big decision. I think it's just one you kinda know. When I think about if my family feels complete right now, I'd have to say no. It's weird because Ani seems so independent already. Like she just knows she's going to be the oldest child. I hope whatever decision you make is right for you. And thats a lovely story about you and your DH. Truely sounds meant to be! :)

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-16-2003 - 2:02pm

Kristina -

I actually have almost every one of Ani Difranco's CD's and when ever I listen to her I think of you and Ani.

Michelle

Sasha Riley 8.1.03