What is "your" song?!?

iVillage Member
What is "your" song?!?
Thu, 10-16-2003 - 2:08pm

Ok so most couples have "the" song that reminds them of their relationship. You hear it years later and it reminds you of the time that that was "your" song. What song reminds you of how special your SO is to you? The song you danced to at your wedding, first kissed to, etc. So what was your DH and your song?

I think Dustin's and my song was Amber by 311 or Coldplay "Yellow". Also Michelle Branch "All you wanted". God now that I think about it we had a lot of songs lol lastly when we first met we had Guns n Roses "Patience".

Ok time for me to go Ani is giving me a heartattack acting like she's choking.

Kristina & Ani Rose 3/21/03   

"A child said, What is the grass

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-16-2003 - 2:37pm
We have a few. When we were first dating, Bret said he had heard this song that described perfectly how he felt about me-Angel in my Eyes by John Michael Montgomery. It's a great song! So that was our song for most of our relationship, until we got engaged and started thinking wedding song. We decided not to go with that song by JMM because it talks about fighting and making up and we didn't really want that being said at our wedding reception. So he happened to find another song, I Found Love by The Kenny Wayne Shepard Band. It's a beautiful song and was perfect for our wedding dance. One problem though-it was SOOOO long to dance too! We never thought of that, LOL. We don't do the real dancing, just basically the swaying and turning in little circles, and we were out there for a long long time! We even said something about it to each other while we were dancing and said that even though we were "complaining" to each other, it just looked like we were the newlywed couple sharing sweet talk! LOL!!

Our other song (that didn't come true) is Austin. It's a country song, and of course, I can't remember the singer of it now! Preggo brain! We loved that song from the beginning and said that we'd like to name our little girl that (if we had a girl), only spell it Austyn. Well, we both loved the name, but eventually settled on Brianna. But it still makes me think of naming my baby girl that. Hmm-I'm having a boy! And go figure, he doesn't like that name for a boy!

Sara

edd 3/8

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-16-2003 - 5:36pm
Our song has always been "wonderful tonight" by eric clapton. It's the slow song that we never miss dancing together too. we also used it for our first dance song at our wedding. My DH stepped on the bottom of my dress throughtout our dance, we actually practices doing the box step for weeks for our wedding and now every time we dance to it he jokes about his two left feet.:)

Stephanie

mom to Reagan 8/3/03
Lilypie Baby Days
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-17-2003 - 12:20pm
Our song would have to be "How Do I Live" by Trisha Yearwood. One night we were driving home from somewhere, and it came on the radio. I sang it to him, and it made him cry! So ever since then, that's been our special song.

Suzi & Averie

EDD 2-29-04

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-17-2003 - 12:21pm
My dh & I song is "Love song" by the cure.

I also like "Cruisin" by Huey Lewis & Gweneth Paltrow.

Brandy

edd Dec 21

W/Cade

Photobucket